hellllllllppppp - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
beeeeeeefy

Garage
Question hellllllllppppp

I know the 1st thing that's going to pop up after i ask this is get the GT-R exhaust... well i dont have 700 dollars to buy it right now... So what is the next best thing for my 3.5 L. I've seen them with flowmaster 80 series, 40 series, and super 44 series. opinions please.

Last edited by penelopeTHEg6; 06-24-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 11:35 AM

I'm thinking about this for my 3.5L.. I've heard it in person
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
beeeeeeefy

Garage
that sounds nice but that dont tell me what he has? its not stock because the gt was not made with dual exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 12:30 PM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

GT-R gives $100 off to forum members...

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
beeeeeeefy

Garage
ill definitely keep that in mind but im still broke ha. I got champagne taste with a beer budget
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 01:03 PM

Since we're on the subject; this has prob. been asked before. Does the 3.5 V6 need a tune to take the GT-R, or can you just install and go?

2008 Merlot Metallic Pontiac G6 Coupe 3.5

CRAB 03 w/FPU, Debadged, Painted Engine and Battery Covers, Tinted Tails, Resonator Delete
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 01:40 PM

I've personally driven for 3 weeks with just a muffler delete...everything stock. it sounds OK, but not the best. I did a straight pipe back and...resonator delete...44Series Flowmaster muffler. The 1st day i had it on i really didnt notice a differance...but like the 3rd day i could really hear the roar. idk if it was just something mental or wat but when i rev it up its nice...all the way rev'd it lets out a small ricer yelp...best way i can describe it. I love the sound tho...deff wouldnt just do the muffler delete. Ill try and get some sound clips up to help you by today.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
beeeeeeefy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCasares View Post
I've personally driven for 3 weeks with just a muffler delete...everything stock. it sounds OK, but not the best. I did a straight pipe back and...resonator delete...44Series Flowmaster muffler. The 1st day i had it on i really didnt notice a differance...but like the 3rd day i could really hear the roar. idk if it was just something mental or wat but when i rev it up its nice...all the way rev'd it lets out a small ricer yelp...best way i can describe it. I love the sound tho...deff wouldnt just do the muffler delete. Ill try and get some sound clips up to help you by today.
right on man! appreciate it!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 09:54 PM

go on youtube and search 09 g6 gxp with vibrant exhaust...that is by far the best sounding exhaust I have heard on a g6. he has the part numbers from vibrant performance for the muffler he used. I know it's hard to find a good fit for the g6... it's not a muscle car and it's not a ricer so you have to find a balance in the sound and i think that guy found it!

CUSTOM IS THE ONLY WAY TO RIDE!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Varsity Squad

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukfan125 View Post
go on youtube and search 09 g6 gxp with vibrant exhaust...that is by far the best sounding exhaust I have heard on a g6. he has the part numbers from vibrant performance for the muffler he used. I know it's hard to find a good fit for the g6... it's not a muscle car and it's not a ricer so you have to find a balance in the sound and i think that guy found it!
I would have to disagree, I really dont think that system sounds that good. It sounds like it is too restricted or something. The engine whine is annoying to me.

Check out the systems on youtube though as there are a lot of great and of course not so great systems that will give you some ideas on what to do and not to do and some will let you know how much beer money you will be spending. Check out Jetmech's system it is one of my favorite sounding G6 exhausts.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
beeeeeeefy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalsGTP View Post
I would have to disagree, I really dont think that system sounds that good. It sounds like it is too restricted or something. The engine whine is annoying to me.

Check out the systems on youtube though as there are a lot of great and of course not so great systems that will give you some ideas on what to do and not to do and some will let you know how much beer money you will be spending. Check out Jetmech's system it is one of my favorite sounding G6 exhausts.
i didnt mind the vibrant but i agree that it is restricted sounding, ill def look into that one to im still just looking because the beer money isnt quiet enough to buy a kit yet lol.. mind just save up and get the GT-R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in