Cant get in my Trunk. - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Cant get in my Trunk.

I have a problem, as the title states. I cant get in my trunk. I closed it this morning and haven't been able to get into it since.

I have a 06 GTP Coupe. (Im going to guess thats the first question anyone wanting to help is going to ask.)

When i try the FoB/interior release button i can hear the lock mech make the typical sound with no luck, and the key wont do it either. I have had friends try and open it while using all 3 methods as well as pushing down on the lid.

I could really use some help if anyone can tell me how i can get into the trunk.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 08:50 AM

The same thing happened to me. I had a buddy look at the wireing schematic cuz he used to work at gm. He tested the wires and found that he had to get a better ground connection in the grounding wire that goes to the truck release meachanism. To my surprise he grounded it to the body i think and everything worked again, even my trunck light!!!

Hammerhead Spoiler, CRAB intake, Resonator delete, Custom Magnaflow exhaust set up, Racing line front mount strut bar, Racingline MMI's, Red streetglow neon, WMAS 91 tune, 6000k HID's High's and Lows, Black and red outlined floor matts!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 08:52 AM

Sounds like u might have a different problem tho, if your kkey wont open it either, other then being seized as mine was, then your trunck actuator might be shot.

Hammerhead Spoiler, CRAB intake, Resonator delete, Custom Magnaflow exhaust set up, Racing line front mount strut bar, Racingline MMI's, Red streetglow neon, WMAS 91 tune, 6000k HID's High's and Lows, Black and red outlined floor matts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Well I ended up giving up trying to solve the problem myself and took it into a local place. Ended up being a strap off my rucksack that had gotten jammed into the lock.

They ended up just pulling out the passenger side rear seat bolster and using a long piece of wood to push on the rear seat release handle. Then just climbed into the trunk to release the 2nd seat, and manually opened the trunk from there.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 09:04 AM

Thanks for the procedure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in