A few issues with my fiancee's 05 G6. - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

A few issues with my fiancee's 05 G6.

Well this is my first post here. I own a 99 Saturn SC1, my fiancee (Nicole) owns an 05 G6 V6.

We have a few issues. First, she bought her car right off the dealer floor with less than 100 miles, now it has over 11,000 (one year ago she bought it).

First problem. Recall for harmonic balancer (I think that's what the notice was for, will have to check). Were there many with this problem and what did they do, just tighten it to spec?

Second. She sometimes turns the car off and the key doesn't want to come out. It's in the off position, but something is holding the key in there. Any ideas? Anyone have the same problem?

Third. DIC...I read a little bit about a kit by Metra...does it allow aftermarket decks to work with the DIC?

Fourth. Does everyone with panoramic roof have a problem with wind noise when it's shut and the shade is closed on the inside? It seems as though hers is really loud and to compensate the radio must be louder.

Fifth. The power window mechanism on the passenger side sometimes sticks or something because when she goes to roll the window up after I've rolled it down, the driver side controls won't work for it...I have to pull the pass. side control up a little to unstick it.

I do apologize for not using the search function, that's what it's for, but I am in a hurry to get answers for her and don't want to take much time if possible. We're going for an oil change to the dealership (which is almost 20 miles away...out of our way for everything) and we'll bring these things up to them, but I was hoping to get some info for her before we go.

If you could either list responses or links to the threads where the responses are or even a few keywords that will help me find the right threads that would be great.

Thank you very much.
Michael

BTW...G6 GTP coupe is damn nice, I was looking at them, unfortunately they won't be practical because we want to have children soon. I will wait until Saturn's Aura comes out (250hp 3.6L Cadillac engine with a slightly larger car and 6 speed auto)...definitely will be more money, but with 19" chrome wheels and a few other luxury items, Saturn is in the right direction now (I own 2 other Saturns and am loyal to them).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN05G6V6
Recall for harmonic balancer .... Were there many with this problem and what did they do, just tighten it to spec?
Yes, and not just the G6. Yes just retorquing. I hope she already had this done to her vehicle.

Quote:
She sometimes turns the car off and the key doesn't want to come out. It's in the off position, but something is holding the key in there.
Make sure shifter all the way in Park. There is an interlock cable between ignition switch and shifter that may need adjustment

Quote:
Does everyone with panoramic roof have a problem with wind noise when it's shut and the shade is closed on the inside?
There is TSB #05-08-67-014 which covers several complaints on Panoramic roof noise. Two of them are for wind noise.

Quote:
The power window mechanism on the passenger side sometimes sticks or something because when she goes to roll the window up after I've rolled it down, the driver side controls won't work for it...I have to pull the pass. side control up a little to unstick it.
You have found issue. Have dealer look at the passenger window switch. It likely needs to be reseated into trim bezel or replaced because it is getting hung up and not returning to "rest" position after you use the switch.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 09:24 PM

Question

Did you ever find out what happened/or was fixed for the key problem??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 05:56 AM

My wife also has the panoramic roof which is now going in for the 4th time.
It initially had excessive wind noise but now just continues to rattle and pop when you go over any kind of bump.
Re harmonic balancer, it's a recall problem that takes only a short time to fix. I had mine done in 2 hours, while I waited.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in