fog light button - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
beeeeeeefy

Garage
Question fog light button

my fogs still come on when i hit the fog light button, but its not lighting up anymore on the actual button, is that a fuse? or what do i need to do to fix the button so it lights?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Moderator Member Thingy

Send a message via AIM to Abyssul Send a message via MSN to Abyssul
Bulb or LED light behind the button. I swear that every G6 reaches this problem eventually. This also occurs in the HVAC controls lighting as well. If it hasn't happened it, it will eventually.

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 11:45 PM
Professional geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by penelopeTHEg6 View Post
my fogs still come on when i hit the fog light button, but its not lighting up anymore on the actual button, is that a fuse? or what do i need to do to fix the button so it lights?
It's a burned-out LED due to a bad circuit design. Unless you're good at electronic repair, you will need to replace the switch in order to get the light back.

~ MattInSoCal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
beeeeeeefy

Garage
is it expensive to do? and is my radio lights going to start dying on me to that looks terrible when have your numbers and buttons on the radio are missing.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 10:36 PM
Professional geek

The switch is not terribly expensive and it is not difficult to replace. It's something the dealer would probably charge you $95 in labor to do but you could do it yourself in 10 minutes if you went reallllllllllly slow. you pop the oval ring out of the dash that has the fog light switch and dash light dimmer control in it, squeeze some plastic tabs to pull out the fog light switch, figure out how the electrical plug goes into the fog light switch and remove it, plug in the new switch, snap it into the oval thingee, then snap that back into the dash. It's like a 3-piece jigsaw puzzle, and it's impossible to connect things the wrong way.

~ MattInSoCal
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 05:51 AM Thread Starter
beeeeeeefy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattInSoCal View Post
The switch is not terribly expensive and it is not difficult to replace. It's something the dealer would probably charge you $95 in labor to do but you could do it yourself in 10 minutes if you went reallllllllllly slow. you pop the oval ring out of the dash that has the fog light switch and dash light dimmer control in it, squeeze some plastic tabs to pull out the fog light switch, figure out how the electrical plug goes into the fog light switch and remove it, plug in the new switch, snap it into the oval thingee, then snap that back into the dash. It's like a 3-piece jigsaw puzzle, and it's impossible to connect things the wrong way.

~ MattInSoCal
so there is actually no wiring at all its completely just unplug, and re-plug...? sounds easy enough!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in