Pontiac G6 Forum banner

spray paint for mirrors

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  reverttheclown 
#1 ·
i finally decided to try and pop off my mirror caps and paint them, sooo i got them off pretty easy after playing around, and now none of the autopart stores (napa, autozone, advance auto) have my color in a spray can besides touch up bottles.. (67U or 994L). any other ideas where to get it from?

#4 ·
i got the smallest flat head screw driver.... turn your mirrors all the way in towards the car, and all the way down towards the ground. there is 4 or 5 clips but all you need to do is get the 3 clips on the top... push the clip on the top further from the car and that edge will pop out, and run the flat head, through the crack and it will pop them out, and then when the tops are out, run the flat head where you started the 1st time and run across the bottom.. be careful not to break the mirror off with pressure, it really doesnt require to much pressure.. i can do it again today and get pics for you if you would like! but the whole mirror does not need to be removed from the car, and you dont need to remove the actually mirror out of the way just get the 1st clip in the top left popped out and smooth sailing from there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.