New here and need help please! - Pontiac G6 Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 11
 
Exclamation New here and need help please!

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but I'm an active member on a few others, so I know how things work. I have a 2006 g6 gtp with the 3.9l in it. Just the other day my wife was leaving a stop sign and the car revved up and would barely go anywhere. Now Drive is just like neutral, doesn't do anything. But when I put it over in manual it will go into gear and will move fine with me barely touching the gas. But whenever you give it a little more throttle, all u hear is grinding and slipping. Has this happened to anyone else? And if so what was the problem?
kawierider1990 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 05:53 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,388
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawierider1990 View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but I'm an active member on a few others, so I know how things work. I have a 2006 g6 gtp with the 3.9l in it. Just the other day my wife was leaving a stop sign and the car revved up and would barely go anywhere. Now Drive is just like neutral, doesn't do anything. But when I put it over in manual it will go into gear and will move fine with me barely touching the gas. But whenever you give it a little more throttle, all u hear is grinding and slipping. Has this happened to anyone else? And if so what was the problem?
If you have access to a scan tool that can read GM DTC's that would be a starting point.



greenman is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 11
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenman View Post
If you have access to a scan tool that can read GM DTC's that would be a starting point.
There isn't a check engine light on or anything so I don't think that will help me any.
kawierider1990 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 12:32 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,388
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawierider1990 View Post
There isn't a check engine light on or anything so I don't think that will help me any.
The CEL is mostly for OBD2 issues. Transaxle codes won't turn the MIL on. Only way to know if a DTC has been set is to check for codes. You'll need a scan tool for that.



greenman is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 06:46 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 11
 
Okay what is a DTC and MIL?

Last edited by kawierider1990; 09-08-2011 at 10:07 PM.
kawierider1990 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome