Throttle Body Making Clicking Noise When Car is off - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Throttle Body Making Clicking Noise When Car is off

We need help. Me and my boyfriend just bought a 2005 Pontiac G6 GT Sedan from the dealership a month ago. We've been hearing this clicking noise coming from the throttle body. It only does this when the car is off, i can leave the car overnight and come back in the morning and its still doing this. This is draining my battery and then the car wont start and i need a boost. We just had them put a new battery in it becuz the last one got fried. Does anyone know why its doing this or how to fix it?? We tried cleaning out the throttle body with cleaner and stuff, that didnt help. It sounds like the throttle is trying to close or something but we cleaned it and still doing it. We have no more warrenty left on the damn thing becuz it was 30 days. Please Help!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 08:07 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6Sedan View Post
We need help. Me and my boyfriend just bought a 2005 Pontiac G6 GT Sedan from the dealership a month ago. We've been hearing this clicking noise coming from the throttle body. It only does this when the car is off, i can leave the car overnight and come back in the morning and its still doing this. This is draining my battery and then the car wont start and i need a boost. We just had them put a new battery in it becuz the last one got fried. Does anyone know why its doing this or how to fix it?? We tried cleaning out the throttle body with cleaner and stuff, that didnt help. It sounds like the throttle is trying to close or something but we cleaned it and still doing it. We have no more warrenty left on the damn thing becuz it was 30 days. Please Help!!!
Which engine?

Have the DTC codes read & report them here.

It's very likely you will need to replace the TB assy.

Last edited by greenman; 09-12-2011 at 09:37 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 09:13 AM

Check with dealer, may still be covered under emissions warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in