A Chronicle of My G6 Problems
I felt like I wrote your first post! Minus me doing all the work lol. Just to let you know, I've had all of the same problems. And now I'll give you a run down of all the problems, big and small, that I've had since buying my car brand new in August 2006.
1) I had to replace both visors as both of them broke.
2) Passenger side speaker blown on door.
3) CD player does not always recognize when there is a disc in. I eject the CD and put it back in and it's usually fine.
4) The car will randomly lock/unlock itself while I'm driving.
5) The check engine light is on all the time. Though, according to the dealer, nothing is wrong.
6) My car started shifting hard about 2 years ago. At first, it was just occasionally. Not enough to really care/notice. Now it does it all the time. It's a rare experience that it DOESN'T shift hard. I've given up on the dealer but neither them nor anyone else that's looked at it can figure out why.
7) The car "clunks" whenever I turn left or right. Started off just when I turned right and it wasn't bad, but now it's horrible.
8) I took my car to the dealer 3 times....why? I was on a road trip and my cruise kept shutting off. Thought the cruise was broken. Finally figured out the brake lights were on when I was driving (the car thought the brakes were being depressed) and would click off when I depressed the brakes. SAFETY ISSUE MUCH?! Needless to say it took 3 dealer visits (at 3 days each) for them to finally tell me I needed a new battery!
9) Today I got in my car and the radio display flashed "POWER STEERING". I noticed it wasn't as fluid when I pulled out of my parking spot. The community I live in has a 25mph speed limit so I didn't notice anything amiss until I pulled out of the community. Then I noticed the car was not shifting out of first, the speedometer wasn't working and the odometer displayed "ERROR". Luckily, the tachometer was working so I kept it at a cool 3,000 RPM and was able to take back roads to my parents house so my dad could look at it. He's managed to get the check engine light to go off.
All of the other problems still exist. The dealer has never been able to fix a damn thing. After the tail light debacle, and the ensuing screaming match I had on the phone, I refuse to go back. Hope this info helps, or at least makes you realize you're not alone. My advice? Get rid of the POS as soon as possible!