Annoying Rattling Noise!!! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Annoying Rattling Noise!!!

I have a 2009 G6 sedan...randomly it has started making this awful rattling noise, it sounds like metal or something is loose...i cant pin point where it's coming from, it doesn't get louder as I go faster or anything...it's just always there. It doesn't make the noise if im just parking or sitting somewhere, only while driving. I can hear it with the windows up and down (it's not super loud) but its annoying and always there...any ideas on what this could be? I did just have my front & back brakes done but i'm not sure if it was there bfore hand or not due to the fact I heard the brakes squeaking before hand. Someone please help...before I blow this piece of crap up! I've had nothing but problems w/this thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 02:24 PM

Hey Shelbs, I also own a 2009 G6 GT, my car makes the same noise. It almost sounds like a few metal washers jangling together or something while the car is moving, I have not been able to pin-point it either, however I think it is coming from the rear of the car. I took it to a local repair shop and had one of their techs take it for a drive, he said he did not hear anything, my wife can't seem to hear it either. I know I'm not crazy, but no clue what it is... If you happen to find out please let me know too!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 02:32 PM
Storm Trooper

Did you put OEM rotors back on? are you lowered? did you do the Addeco Swaybar? Custom Wheels? if so what is the spacing?

You said you redid your brakes. did you put that jelly on the back of the pads to quiet down the "noise" also are you sure everything is tight? are your brake pad sensors clipped on correctly and in the BACK of the caliper?

sorry to hit you with so much but there are many ways to go with this.

I have a cricket living in my passanger side front wheel and it kills me. I am lowered with the sway bar and slotted rotors so i guess when you start messing with factory you will open these worms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 02:54 PM

I can't answer for Shelbs, but I had my brake replaced at Pep-Boys in Phoenix AZ, the OEM rotors were put back on as far as I know, not lowered, not sure what the addeco swaybar is, factory wheels. They did the brakes there, I know I paid a good bit for some "Super Ceramic Brake Pads? (guaranteed to not make noise and last longer then regular ones)" Not sure but they said they were some new top of the line something or other. Tie-Rod ends and ball joints seem good. Not really sure, everyone thinks I'm crazy, but I definitely hear it.. I'm guessing because I'm the one who spends most of the time in the car so it's easier for me to notice it?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

im finally taking it back in on friday to another shop...i took it last friday to the place i had the brakes done (they replaced the brake pads w/all new ones) but its still making the noies...perhaps it was there before the brakes were done (i didnt do these myself) but the car is just stock...standard wheels etc...and yes its an annoying noise just like the washers...a slight annoyance BUT if my radios up loud enough...hey i dont hear it ha ha.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 06:26 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

is your front lower air diffuser on? Its a 3 piece design & if it comes loose it will flap in the wind.

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 07:15 AM

Garage
loose heatshield? does it sound like a razzing type of rattle? metal on metal?

2006 Pontiac G6 V6 3500L
Crimson Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in