Moonroof Shade Vibration/Rattling - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 07:09 AM Thread Starter

Moonroof Shade Vibration/Rattling

I have the standard moonroof in my 2008 G6, and when going over expansion joints or sharp bumps, my moonroof cover made an awful vibration/rattling noise. It doesn't matter whether it is open or closed either. It seems like it's fairly tight near the front, but the cover's material seems to be extremely cheap and flimsy.

I took it to the dealer once because both the headliner and the moonroof cover were rattling, and they fixed the headliner but didn't seem to fix the cover. Should I take it back to the dealer? it's still under warranty. I thought about putting some dynamat on the top to quiet the noise.

I searched for this topic on here but did not find anything or solutions on this particular issue. Does anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-24-2011, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

anyone?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 06:38 PM

I've noticed mine rattles as well. I also drive an 08. No clue how to fix the annoyance, haven't really looked into it either though, sorry.

JT

The "Upgrades"
Alienationz Eyelids: LEDs in the map, dome, trunk, and license plate: Racingline STB bar: 5% window tint all around and a windshield brow

The To-Do List
6000k HIDS: EE Halos: Tinted Tails: Exhaust: Rims: CAI: New Headunit: Lowering: Color Change
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 07:55 PM

Had this issue with an 00 Monte Carlo and it turned out to be a broken clip on the visor itself that was causing the rattling. Don't know if it is the same problem, but sounds very familiar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in