Keyless Remote Won't Work - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Keyless Remote Won't Work

Hi everyone, I have a 2008 G6 (3.5) and after about 55,000 miles I had my first major issue. Long story short my positive battery cable corroded to the point where the car would no longer start.

I installed a new battery cable and the car is running great BUT my keyless remote/alarm is dead. My key fob wont unlock/lock/truck release although all of these functions work from inside the car. When it's locked the alarm doesn't sound when I unlock it and the only other thing I have noticed is my Tire Pressure Monitors aren't working anymore. When I cycle through the Info it just displays "-" instead of numbers.

I've checked most of the obvious fuses and they all seem to be fine. So...is it time to take it in? Any thoughts, ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 11:56 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

The remote control door lock receiver is also the receiver for the TPMS. Since this occurred immediately after a batt cable replacement, I'd check it's fuse again carefully (fuse 16 in the trunk fuse box). No lights or messages on the instrument panel?

Last edited by greenman; 09-30-2011 at 12:26 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

No lights or messages. The fuse looks fine as far as I can tell but I'll go ahead and pick up a new one and give it a try. At least I know where to start now. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 05:54 AM Thread Starter

Well I replaced fuse 16 in the trunk fuse box over the weekend and the TPM and Keyless Remote system is still not responding. Could it be the receiver for these systems?

UPDATE: Did some more searching and found this post from a couple months ago... https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9006

Sounds like this might be a common issue...

Last edited by jpmkc; 10-03-2011 at 06:05 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 11:29 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

The RCDLR may just need reprogramming. But, of course, that requires a dealer.

Service Information 2008 Pontiac G6 | G6 (VIN Z) Service Manual | Document ID: 2176461
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#08-03-16-001B: Key Fobs Inoperative, TPM System Not Reading Correctly - Dashes on Al Four Tire Readings, DTCs C0775, C0569, B3105 Set, Unable to Program TPM Sensors (Reprogram RCDLR) - (Jul 31, 2008)

Subject: Key Fobs Inoperative, TPM System Not Reading Correctly - Dashes On All Four Tire Readings, DTCs C0775, C0569, B3105 Set, Unable to Program TPM Sensors (Reprogram RCDLR)

Models: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt, HHR, Malibu

2008 Pontiac G5, G6, Solstice

2008 Saturn AURA, SKY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to update the Important statement to reflect the new direction to no longer contact TCSC. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 08-03-16-001A (Section 03 - Suspension).

Condition
Some customers may comment that the key fobs are inoperative or that the TPM system is showing dashes as the reading for all four tires.

Technicians may find DTCs C0775, C0569 and B3105 set simultaneously in the RCDLR module.

In addition, the technicians may find Tire Pressure Monitoring sensors are unable to be programmed to the vehicle by adding or releasing pressure to the tire while the vehicles in the TPM learn mode.

Cause
These conditions may be caused by the following:

• The RCDLR may lose its transmitter and tire pressure monitoring data from its memory if a low voltage condition occurs on the vehicle.

• The ability for TPM learning by adding or releasing pressure to the tire has been disabled in the RCDLR.

Correction
Reprogram the RCDLR with an updated software calibration to address both issues listed above. This new service calibration is available on TIS2WEB using Service Programming System (SPS). As always, make sure your Tech 2® is updated with the latest software.

Important: If the Tech 2® could not establish communication with the RCDLR AND the programming event ended with error, attempt to reprogram in Service Programming System (SPS) by selecting "Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (TSB 08-03-16-001) with E4399 error -- Pass Thru Only".

Once the RCDLR module has been reflashed with the latest software and calibrations, the following may also be necessary:

• Relearn all keyless entry transmitters.

• Reconfigure the tire pressure placards and the tire type.

• Relearn the tire pressure sensors.

Refer to SI for the procedures to relearn transmitters, placard and tire type configuration and tire pressure sensor learn.

Warranty Information
Labor Operation
Description
Labor Time

R4481
Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR), Reprogram with SPS
Use Published Labor Operation Time

Add:
Diagnosis Time
0.0-0.3 hr

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a ""do-it-yourselfer"". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© 2011 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 11:33 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

And here's another bulletin:

Service Information 2008 Pontiac G6 | G6 (VIN Z) Service Manual | Document ID: 2084188

#PIC4757B: Remote Keyless Entry / Tire Pressure Monitor Inoperative - keywords inop inoperative int intermittent loss memory programming RCDLR RFA RKE RVS start TPM - (Mar 19, 2008)

Subject: Remote Keyless Entry/Tire Pressure Monitor Inoperative

Models: 2008 Chevrolet Malibu (new body style)

2008 Pontiac G6

2008 Saturn Aura

This PI was superseded to update models. Please discard PIC4757A.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
There is a current Remote Keyless Entry software concern that could cause the RKE and/or TPM to become inoperative. During the diagnostic process you may NOT be able to find the RKE module on the list of available modules in the Body section of the Tech-2. This is caused because the RKE module is NOT communicating on the G.M. LAN system.

Recommendation/Instructions:
If you have the above concern please verify the inputs to the RKE Module and if they are all ok replace the RKE module.

Note: This issue is supposed to be addressed in a future version on Tech 2 software.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a ""do-it-yourselfer"". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© 2011 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in