Dome Light Assembly Burnt - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Dome Light Assembly Burnt

any idea on what to do? should i just get a new bulb and try to reconnect it? or is the whole assembly going to get replaced? this is what happens when you give your car to your girlfriend for a day..apparently she thought it was a smart idea to squeeze tissues inside the dome light assembly and "hint" fire "hint"

can someone help me! thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 11:51 AM
beeeeeeefy

Garage
uhhh..
1. what would posses someone to stick tissue's inside the dome cover?
2. why do you still call her your girlfriend?

i would say as long as none of the wires, or the 2 prongs, were harmed, that it would be fine, id take a wipe and clean off everything before attaching a new bulb to make sure nothing sparks a flame again. be sure to pull the wipe out before turning the light back on.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 01:16 PM

Seriously?! WTF was she thinking!

Hopefully its not done for, only way to find out is if you clean it up a bit, replace the bulb and watch it fit a bit to make sure it doesn't catch fire again

JT

The "Upgrades"
Alienationz Eyelids: LEDs in the map, dome, trunk, and license plate: Racingline STB bar: 5% window tint all around and a windshield brow

The To-Do List
6000k HIDS: EE Halos: Tinted Tails: Exhaust: Rims: CAI: New Headunit: Lowering: Color Change
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 01:21 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by King88Canada View Post

any idea on what to do? should i just get a new bulb and try to reconnect it? or is the whole assembly going to get replaced? this is what happens when you give your car to your girlfriend for a day..apparently she thought it was a smart idea to squeeze tissues inside the dome light assembly and "hint" fire "hint"

can someone help me! thanks
Well if it were my car I'd have to replace it. PM me with an email address & I'll send the replacement how-to from the SI. It can be replaced without headliner removal (though I see the headliner is also damaged).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in