First time poster, Issue w/08 G6 Brakes & Traction - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

First time poster, Issue w/08 G6 Brakes & Traction

Hello everyone...sorry in advance for the lengthy rant..

Glad to be here..well i purchased my G6 on 10/17. After i left the dealer and i was almost home i noticed (as i was driving) the brake light was coming on and then all of the sudden i got the message come up "service traction" and the light came on for that and the TC in the guages. So, i called the dealership right away and they told me to i would have to bring it back to be looked at but i would need to wait till that thursday. To make a long story short i brought it back, they had to replace some sensor behind the brake.
Apparently the whole traction/stability thing is connected to the brakes therefore the brake lights keep coming on as i drive, so it is not safe to drive.

Again took it home and it happened again, i called them. They said to bring it back and they will have to look at it again and if they cant fix it they would send it off to a GM dealer and have them look at it. Okay, brought it back waited a couple of days and they called and said it was done yay! NOT! This time they said that they brought it to the dealer and they said it was good to go. Got home and BAM! wrong brake lights came back on. So i called and as i was on the phone, you guessed it, the "service traction" came on.

So now they have had my car since last Friday and i called them yesterday to see where they were at with it and they told me the dealership was very busy and they cant bring it in till tomorrow. I am very fustrated right now. Luckily they gave me a loaner car to use for the meanwhile, but i have not even had a chance to enjoy my car. On another note, the dealer i bought it from is not close to me i live about 20 miles away.

I'm sorry to make my first post so long and a venting session, but i just wanted to see if anyone has had a similar problem with the brake lights and service traction problem.

Blu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 11:17 AM

Garage
i had the same brake lights problem but no traction problems...my dealer replaced the brake lamp switch and my problem was solved. you're being to generous to your dealership about this...i'd go back in there and demand some answers because this is unacceptable. they sold you a car that broke as you drove it off the lot...come on now.

2006 Pontiac G6 V6 3500L
Crimson Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in