Need help identifying a part for replacement Please! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

Need help identifying a part for replacement Please!

Hello! I need to replace the (gunmetal) colored area surrounding the window and mirror buttons on my 2008 Pontiac G6 4dr sedan (basic 4cyl model). Everything works fine, its just the silver color got all scratched up and looks horrible so I want it replaced. The GM parts site doesn't show pics or illustrations so I can confirm if I am trying to order the right part.

I was thinking this could be it...but there is no pic so IDK....any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Switch cover , Driver side, Gunmetal Left
BEZEL Coupe & convertible
DOOR Kick pad
Pontiac G6 2006-2009
List Price :$ 43.21
Your Price :$ 34.57
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 08:59 AM

How about just painting it?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide App

The "Upgrades"
Alienationz Eyelids: LEDs in the map, dome, trunk, and license plate: Racingline STB bar: 5% window tint all around and a windshield brow

The To-Do List
6000k HIDS: EE Halos: Tinted Tails: Exhaust: Rims: CAI: New Headunit: Lowering: Color Change
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

I'm not that talented The scratches are pretty deep and all the clear coating is all peeled off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 10:55 AM
beeeeeeefy

Garage
trim pieces arent hard to paint at all.. there is a how to floating around and plenty have done it.. check progressions. mine has it as well.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeltonOutdoors View Post
Hello! I need to replace the (gunmetal) colored area surrounding the window and mirror buttons on my 2008 Pontiac G6 4dr sedan (basic 4cyl model). Everything works fine, its just the silver color got all scratched up and looks horrible so I want it replaced. The GM parts site doesn't show pics or illustrations so I can confirm if I am trying to order the right part.

I was thinking this could be it...but there is no pic so IDK....any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Switch cover , Driver side, Gunmetal Left
BEZEL Coupe & convertible
DOOR Kick pad
Pontiac › G6 › 2006-2009
List Price :$ 43.21
Your Price :$ 34.57
You realize in the part description it says coupe right? No idea if that's correct or what I found is correct but going by the catalog on gmpartsdirect I found

Collision Catalog - 2006 - Pontiac - G6
Front door, Interior trim, Switch cover, Driver side, Driver side Left - Sedan - Sedan
part # 25852016

I'm looking at part #14

It looks to be the correct piece and it's only the cover, not the switches/buttons. I'm NOT responsible if that's the wrong part though

Mods: GT-R exhaust, CRABs O3 w/FPU, 35% tint, 5000K HID lows/fogs, upper/lower recessed grilles, Racingline strut bar, concept darts, white LEDs everywhere

Last edited by Firedown; 11-16-2011 at 11:18 AM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedown View Post
You realize in the part description it says coupe right? No idea if that's correct or what I found is correct but going by the catalog on gmpartsdirect I found

Collision Catalog - 2006 - Pontiac - G6
Front door, Interior trim, Switch cover, Driver side, Driver side Left - Sedan - Sedan
part # 25852016

I'm looking at part #14

It looks to be the correct piece and it's only the cover, not the switches/buttons. I'm NOT responsible if that's the wrong part though
No I didn't realize it said coupe....my car is a 2008. I don't need the switches just the silver colored plate that goes around them.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm

I found this diagram and part 14 looks right bit I can't imagine it only costing $2.86 plus it don't say gunmetal. I found it that says gunmetal but it is on the coupe/convertible I don't see it for the sedan
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
No I didn't realize it said coupe....my car is a 2008. I don't need the switches just the silver colored plate that goes around them.
Year shouldn't matter. IMO the easiest way is to check out some local junkyards.

Mods: GT-R exhaust, CRABs O3 w/FPU, 35% tint, 5000K HID lows/fogs, upper/lower recessed grilles, Racingline strut bar, concept darts, white LEDs everywhere
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedown View Post
Year shouldn't matter. IMO the easiest way is to check out some local junkyards.
aww I am very pregnant & have 2 kids at home while my husband is busy building a house after work. So the easiest thing for me is to order it online and have it shipped to my door haha. I just can't believe the part would only be $2.86 ...so I don't think it's right.

I don't even know where a junk yard is
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 06:55 AM

Quote:
aww I am very pregnant & have 2 kids at home while my husband is busy building a house after work. So the easiest thing for me is to order it online and have it shipped to my door haha. I just can't believe the part would only be $2.86 ...so I don't think it's right.

I don't even know where a junk yard is
Haha. I had to replace the drivers side door trim piece in my car and it costs $40 from the dealer so I know why you're skeptical. Maybe try giving a gm parts center a call?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in