Need help finding and replacing these codes (p1516,p2101,p2135) - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Need help finding and replacing these codes (p1516,p2101,p2135)

Today when i got onto the hwy in my 2006 G6 my check engine light appeared and the message" engine power reduced" showed up. i was unable to accelerate, so i pulled over and turned it off then turned it back on. The engine was reved up to almost 3rpm's and the engine light was still on but nothing on the message board. So i turned it off again and waited a few mins b4 trying again, when i turned it on the check engine light was still on, nothing was on the message indicator, and the rpm's were bck to normal. i was able to drive home 25mins away b4 the message "engine power reduced" came bck on as i was driving into the driveway and i had coast in. we did a diagnostic test and the codes p1516,p2101,and p2135 appeared. we think its the throttle body sensor but not sure and even if it was, we're not sure where its located under the hood.
so if any1 can help us out on this problem and let us know atleast where it's located, i would greatly appreciate it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 01:28 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Replace the throttle body/TPS sensor assy.

PM me which engine & an email address & I'll send you the how-to. Also covered in the Chiltons for G6. It's not a difficult DIY.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 05:37 AM Thread Starter

Thank you,

I did replace the full throttle body unit and it was easy putting it in. At first when i was calling different auto part stores, some of them told me they had a full throttle body and they had a throttle body sensor and others said it all came in one (full throttle body unit). I don't know if they were just trying to take advantage of me just cause im a female or what but i ended up buying the part at a dealership in a town nearby since all the autopart store had a different shape of throttle body unit than my car and the price wasn't much different than if i had bought it at an auto store. But now my car works great and i haven't had any other problems so far. thank you for you help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in