Broken driver seat - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-10-2011, 02:07 AM Thread Starter

Broken driver seat

My GF's driver seat seems to have broken. There is a piece of metal sticking through the seat and it does not feel as solid as the passenger seat. I was wondering if this is something I could take apart and have welded back together or will the seat need to be replaced?

This is the only picture I have of it for now. I want to get it fixed for her as a Christmas present so I had to stick the camera through the cracked window and snap a picture lol. Ill get a better one soon here though.

I appreciate any valuable input. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0872.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	2629  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-10-2011, 03:11 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

She wouldn't be the first one this has happened to. The seat would need to be pulled out & the frame replaced. You can buy the frame separately. It is also possible it could be welded after the frame is separated. Another option is an ebay or boneyard replacement seat. This might make more sense if you also need to replace the seat cover. If you pm me with an email address I'll send the how-to on seat frame R&R. I have not replaced one myself so can't say how difficult it is.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-10-2011, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

I found one on ebay for about 250 bucks shipped. I dont mind paying that but it will take time for me to come up with that much and thats a little over the christmas budget we agreed on. There are no wrecking yards near me that have cars that new as far as I know.

I dont need to replace the skin because she wants to get some sort of seat cover anyways. If I could pull the seat apart and fix or replace the frame that would be idea. Ill shoot you a PM right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in