Radio Fuse Blowing / Air Bag Light - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Radio Fuse Blowing / Air Bag Light

Ok, so i just tore my dash apart to fix my heater problem witch it came out to be the defrost flap broke off and got stuck between the heater core and blend door witch kept the door from closing over the heater core to provide heat. So i fixed this and unpluged my computer under the heater box. to get to the heaterbox to get that piece out i didnt cut any wires or nothing got pinched i did it very carfefully, so i pluged the computer back in pluged in the main heater control panle and tried the heat it worked, so i shut the care off pluged my radio back in and heard pop from the speakers and my radio wont come on every time i put a new fuse in it blows, one time it didnt blow and came on with no sound then sound came on and it blew again, also my airbag light came on....Is this anything to do with me unplug the computer....

Thanks for any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 10:59 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Congrats on fixing the heater issue. I had pretty much decided it had to be a mode door issue, but the doors don't break very often on these boxes. I'm very curious how you fixed the defrost flap (GM calls it the mode valve or mode door). That generally involves replacing the entire HVAC box as a unit. You are now the forum expert on pulling the dash & repairing the HVAC box.

As a general rule, you should not disconnect ANY connectors on a modern car without first pulling off the battery ground cable. That's especially true of the car's computers. The radio receives power even with the ignition off. The BCM controls the radio ground. Somewhere in the power supply side of the radio circuit the conductor is either touching ground or touching voltage. If the radio fuse does not blow until you plug in the radio, then the problem is downtream of the radio power connector. Here's the UZ6 (you didn't specify) radio schematic:

https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/at...1&d=1326164897

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

i tried to click on your link but it says invaild link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 08:27 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Thanks so much problem solved = took a short finder and could not find a short, took the radio apart and it has a blown channel and fried....As for the airbag, it was a fuse thats all...Thanks Greenman for the help
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 09:05 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

The Delco radios in the G6 & it's sister cars seem particularly vulnerable to electrical damage.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in