Please help me!!! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Please help me!!!

Hey guys i have a 2006 g6 coupe gt with a 3.5 v6. it has 62 thousand miles on it and runs great except for the idle is not consistent and some times the car would run like its missing and the tranny shifts hard when shifting from first to second . and sometimes from park to drive. but only does this when it gets warmed up. the check engine light is on an i got it scanned and the only code i got was p0102 maf sensor low input circuit or something. ive tried cleaning the sensor with electrical contact cleaner and it did not work. and ive read somewhere that this can problem can cause the computer to set the pressure in the transmission to high. i really need your help because i dont knw if my transmission is bad or just my maf sensor. i really need some advice before i go buying parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 11:43 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

So either the MAF sensor itself is bad or the wiring to it. It's impossible to say which without testing.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

how do i test to see which one is bad?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 06:01 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

A tech 2 or good scan tool makes quick work of it. However, if you are proficient with a DMM:

http://easyautodiagnostics.com/testi..._testing_1.php

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

ok i did the test to the wires with the voltage meter i am getting 12 volts grounded. and the maf is gettin 12 volts when i switch the key in the on position. so the wiring is ok. i tested the signal that the maf was supposed to send to the ecd and it is reading zero even when i raise the rpm. so i am almost positive the maf sensor is not working. i will give u an update when i change it. to see if the hard shift goes away. i pray that it does. thanks for your help so far
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 06:38 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

The tranny control module uses the MAF sensor input to calculate shifting strategy. It's a critical input to several systems.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

ok so i replaced the maf sensor. left the negative battery terminal off for a while to try an clear the check engine light. started up fine no check engine light. not stalling at full throttle. shifting smooth. until i turned the car off and back on again. the check engine light came back on and the car started to shift a little ruff again. but still was performing well at full throttle. do i have to clear the code with a obd2 scanner in order for it to function properly?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in