My G6 is dead... - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

My G6 is dead...

So I posted a week or so ago about my problem with my door switch.

Well yesterday after sitting a day I took the G6 out for a drive to drop the kiddo off at school. I noticed a slight whirring sound coming from the engine compartment..possibly on the drivers side. Lifted the hood couldn't find anything. Slight small surging happening also, like I didnt have full power.

Drove her into work tonight, while opened up on the interstate the slight whirring was there and seemed to be ok. Once i slowed to the exit, and to the light this is when all hell broke lose.

At every light I lost most power. Even when I stepped on it a little the engine revved but I got no power. EVentually it would studder a little then I would gain power again. Next stop sign same thing. Going up a small hill I barely had any power at all. I limped her into a parking space. I then threw it into park, but the car continued to roll on the small hill I was parked in. I E-braked it and let it sit there. I opened the hood, and it was WAY hot. I let it cool a little started it again, and put it into reverse and had gears. Didn't move it buy a inch or two. The car sitting idle doesn't sound like it has barely any power at all , almost like it is about to stall. I parked her and had it towed to the dealership.

This is a 2008 Pontiac G6 with about 65k on it. Im not sure if this is all connected or what not, but within 2 weeks it went from a great car to a car full of problems...any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 11:09 PM

This may be a dumb question. But did you carfax it beforehand? Not that that's any guarantee. Just wondering if you know any history on the car.

I just picked up a 2008 myself but it only has 30k on it and the balance of the factory warranty. Reading things like this post scare me

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sixer View Post
This may be a dumb question. But did you carfax it beforehand? Not that that's any guarantee. Just wondering if you know any history on the car.

I just picked up a 2008 myself but it only has 30k on it and the balance of the factory warranty. Reading things like this post scare me

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
To be honest, I did not. I bought it with 17k on it. GM recertified. I had to bring it in around 25k for one fix, then a torque converter right after that. Then these problems. If I didn't owe on it, I would have gotten rid of it yesterday. It's a piece of garbage. The worst car I have ever owned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

So my dealer called...they ordered a tranny today should be here tomorrow and installed at the latest by Friday morning.

YOUCH!

So I bought this as a GM recerified vehicle with about 17k. Within the first 10k I had it. One Flywheel replacement. Within another 10k or so...a Torque converter, and at 65k a whole new transmission. YOUCH!!!!!

I can't get rid of this quick enough!

Last edited by Maliki2; 02-22-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in