G6 Coupe Vibration - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

G6 Coupe Vibration

Hey all,

I'm new here and I'm looking for some advice regarding my 2006 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe. It has the 3.5L V6 with the 4 speed auto and has 25,000 miles on it. I have been trying to chase down a vibration and clunking noise since last summer. The clunking noise seems to be coming from an area in front/below of the steering wheel. Seems like that is likely the intermediate steering shaft (from what I have read here). I also have a vibration consistently at 50mph on up. This can sometimes also be accompanied by the clunking noise in time with the vibration. I bought new tires in august (Bridgestone Potenzas) and the vibration stayed. I was told I had a bent rim, so I replaced it and still had the vibration. Took it to a GM dealer where they told me the front struts were leaking (I confirmed that they were) and that the strut mounts were bad (they would not acknowledge that there are known problems with the steering in this car). I had the struts and mounts replaced and still had the vibration. After having the tires balanced six times and suspension/steering checks, they agreed to replace them. Unfortunately, I still have the vibration with the new tires and I am at a loss as for what to do next. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited by pianoman854; 02-25-2012 at 05:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

I had the car jacked up and found that the front sway bar bushings were pretty banged up. Replaced them with the performance parts and it has fixed nothing. Any thoughts?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 05:04 PM

Anyone check axle shafts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in