question about a replacement headlight that was installed in my G6 - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 06:33 AM Thread Starter

question about a replacement headlight that was installed in my G6

Hi, my car was in an accident about two weeks ago and the drivers side headlight was one of the parts that was smashed. I finally got the car back yesterday after it was repaired and for the most part I am very happy with the auto body repair shop's work (had over $6,000 in damages), the only thing that I dont like is the headlight they used.

My original headlight was very clear, it looked brand new. The one they used has alot of haziness to it. Its almost like the haze is on the inside because the outside feels very smooth. I tried to take some photos but the hazy photos appear worse then they appear in person because the flash made it glare a bit but you can clearly see the original headlight is much more clear then the replasement.

I am wondering if this is most likley moisture (maybe from sitting in a junk yard before the auto body shop purchased it?)? If so will it eventually evaporate or would I have to take the headlight out in order for it to evaporate? Or any tips on how to clean the inside of the fixture?

I dont wanna bring it back to the body shop because I understand the insurance was not going to cover a brand new headlamp fixture because the car is a 2006, (even though my original was in perfect shape).

I was gonna remove it and pour some distilled water inside the lens and swish it arround then dry it out but before I go through the trouble of removing it I figured id post on here to get some advise first.

Pic of the left hand headlight (original)
Click image for larger version

Name:	g1DSC02722.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	2785

Pic of the right hand headlight (replaced original with this)
Click image for larger version

Name:	bDSC02725.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	2786
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Guess I posted this question too soon. Now that the car has been sitting in the sun for a few hours it looks much more clear. I think it was just moisture!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 11:12 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq702 View Post
Guess I posted this question too soon. Now that the car has been sitting in the sun for a few hours it looks much more clear. I think it was just moisture!
Just condensed moisture on the interior surface of the lens. Depending on the local climate conditions & how much you run the headlamps, this issue may or may not be ongoing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in