g6 p0102 code!!! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

g6 p0102 code!!!

i am having a problem with my g6 that is starting to be real annoying. my engine light comes on and i used a scan tool to see what was wrong. i got the code p0102 maf or vaf sensor low input circuit and it check to see if my wiring the mass air flow sensor was gettin proper voltage and good ground and it was so i decided to chage the maf sensor. and i used some plastic epoxy to mend a little hold that i found in my intake tubing. i did all of that and cleared the code with a scan tool. and the idle is still not consistent and jumps up and down a bit but no to much. maybe about 100 to 200 rpm it isnt noticable on the dash but u can hear it in the engine. and a couple minutes later after clearing the code it came right back. could someone please tell me what is going on because i felt like i wasted money buying the maf sensor and that did not fix the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

oh yea and i have a 2006 g6 gt coupe with the 3.5 engine and 64 thousand miles
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 03:52 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Well... you checked the wiring, and that looked good, and you replaced the sensor so it HAS to be clean. And you patched the holes in your intake tubing. Sounds like you did everything one would normally do.

Did you check your air filter? Sometimes a low MAF voltage can be caused by it simply not reading enough air-flow going through... or Maybe something is stuck in the ducting blocking the air flow... perhaps before the filter, like some leaves in the resonator behind the bumper or something.

It's could be a faulty computer as well... but that is HIGHLY unlikely. Did you try to disconnect the battery for a few minutes to give the computer a chance to loose all it's saved settings and therefore needing to relearn everything after the "first" start up?

Also how does it drive. Does it feel sluggish or not as peppy as usual? And how does your MPG look?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

its not slow or slugish at all. when i floor it it does not hesitate or sputter or anything. it idles well in drive and reverse but for some reason in park it jumps a little but not by much like about 300 rpm or 200 its not that noticeable on the dash but you can hear the difference in the engine. it can be my air filter because i know its alittle dirty i will change it and take off the battery terminal for a while and see if that works and also check the tubing for any more leaks or obstructions. but the car has full power tires are burning and all so i dnt understand it. the light is just annoying on my dash lol.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 02:09 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Maybe try and trace the wires as much as you can, See if there is any possible slit or cut in the insulation... How was the condition of the plug itself? Maybe put some dielectric grease in the connector to ensure good connectivity and keep it clean...

I would also pull the entire intake ducting off. Visually inspect the quality of the Throttle Body, maybe give it a good cleaning, Wouldn't hurt. And just check out all the tubing. God forbid but maybe something is inside getting in the way? Highly unlikely but at this point I would check as much of that system as possible...
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

ok i will do that as well. but i have another question. my car has hard shifting when it is warmed up especially from first to second gear and park and drive. there are no codes comming up related to this. and i have been told that it is an engine mount but the funny thing is when the car is cold it does not shift hard at all. any ideas what i could be?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 05:56 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6freak View Post
but i have another question. my car has hard shifting when it is warmed up especially from first to second gear and park and drive. there are no codes comming up related to this. and i have been told that it is an engine mount but the funny thing is when the car is cold it does not shift hard at all. any ideas what i could be?
That could very well be a result of your maf sensor problem. It's a critical input to the car's overall performance.

You wrote that you found & patched a leak in your intake duct. I'm thinking you may still have an intake leak. If so, intake air is bypassing the maf sensor & possibly causing the 102 low air flow code.

Last edited by greenman; 03-12-2012 at 09:33 PM.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

ive checked just about everywhere for the leak and still cannot find it. can you tell me where else to check for a leak?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 10:03 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Quote:
ive checked just about everywhere for the leak and still cannot find it. can you tell me where else to check for a leak?
I'm not convinced that you have an intake leak, but it's a possibility. A smoke test is the best way to find out.

Given your description of the symptoms, I'd put most of my money on an open or shorted signal wire between the sensor & the ECM. Do you have the sensor schematic?

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

no i dont have the sensor schematic but i will trace the wires as far as i can to see if there are any cuts
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 08:08 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

yellow wire from MAF to PCM pin 26. To start, disconnect at both ends & check for continuity.

https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/at...1&d=1331863476

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	maf4.png
Views:	2508
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	2792  
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

THANKS ALOT GUYS!!!! I FOUND THE PROBLEM AND CORRECTED IT. it was a loose pink and black wire from the maf sensor connector. as soon as i corected that and cleared the code everything went to normal. my car idles fine and it shifts extremely smooth from park to drive and all the gears. thank you guys for taking the time out to help me!!!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 12:27 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Quote:
THANKS ALOT GUYS!!!! I FOUND THE PROBLEM AND CORRECTED IT. it was a loose pink and black wire from the maf sensor connector. as soon as i corected that and cleared the code everything went to normal. my car idles fine and it shifts extremely smooth from park to drive and all the gears. thank you guys for taking the time out to help me!!!
That's the Ign 1 voltage wire supplying the MAF sensor. That connector is a common source of problems.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in