Need to vent 2009.5 g6 issues - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Angry Need to vent 2009.5 g6 issues

Ok so the car now has 20,00 miles and is starting to leak oil under car. I took it to the dealer and they put some dye in the oil so they could see where it was leaking. I ran it for 3 thousand miles, when I changed the oil I looked for the leak, I ended up poping some pins out of the plastic inner wheel well and saw oil leaking from the crank seal behind the bottom pulley of the motor. I took it to the dealer and told them where I saw it leaking ,they said it was wiped clean? I said why would I wipe it clean when I want you to see it, He laughed and said well I didnt.Another issue is the car has a weird stutter to it when coasting from like 60 mph with foot off gas ,the car like surges front to back almost like a transmission acting up. It also does the same thing while in top gear under load , such as going up a hill but not big enough for the car to downshift it feels like it wants to downshift but doesnt. If I had it all to do over again I would have not even considered buying this car, I like the way it looks but it feels cheap as all hell. So another thing While I was trying to self diagnose the surging problem because the dealer said they didnt feel it I put the car on jack stands and spun the tires ,it felt like there was a tire out of round, one of the front tires was easily a half inch out of round. This was when the car was new 3,ooo miles. So the dealer said it didnt matter as long as the wheel is ballanced. we have had the wheels ballanced many times and 1 time they replaced a tire because it was out of spec when road force ballancing them. So lately the car has been vibrating pretty bad like the tires were out of ballance again and this time the dealer says we have a bent wheel and it is not covered under warranty. Im wondering if this bent wheel was the tire that I found out of round at 3,000 miles? At this point I am so unhappy with this pile I just cant wait till its paid off so I can ship it down the road. It will probably be ready for the junk yard by then. Sorry for the long post just needed to vent, I feel a little better till I drive that thing again. Later Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 11:55 AM
Varsity Squad

Garage
Sorry about your luck Mike. I have an 06 GTP 6 speed that I bought brand new in 06 and still love driving the car everyday to and from work. It has over 123k miles on it and I have had very few issues with the car. It sounds like you need to find yourself a different GM dealer to get your issues taken care of. If you dont get anywhere with your dealer call GM. You paid a lot for your car and GM will back the Pontiac Brand! Best of luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in