Door Switch acting up? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Door Switch acting up?

Hey guys,

I have a 2007 G6 GT Couple. I've noticed over the past month or so that my coupe windows will slide up prematurely when I open the driver door, or the radio will stay on. Typically all i have to do is close the door then re-open it.

Has anyone experienced this? Is this a fuse issue, a door switch issue? If so, does anyone have an experience/ guidance on changing the door switch?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 01:10 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Sounds like the latch assy is dying. Very common issue & discussed many times in this forum. There's a how-to in the Chilton's for G6. You might as well learn to replace them as they all will be failing with time.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the help! Yeah, I'm guessing it was discussed a while back.. I gave up after about 50 pages of searching through topics, everyone seemed to have the opposite issue. haha.

I'll take a look at Chilton's, at 99k miles, i'm guessing I have quite a few repairs in my future. Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 03:26 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

IIRC, latches go for about $60+ online. Dealer will be higher even though only oem latches are available-no aftermarkets are made. Each door has a unique part number. Should be able to find the numbers somewhere in the old posts. You'll save a lot DIY. Once you've done one, you'll be an expert & the others will be easy. Driver's door almost always fails first as it sees the most duty cycles.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 06:07 PM

I am also expericencing this lol over the past month as well lol. Can u direct me to the proper thread please?

Hammerhead Spoiler, CRAB intake, Resonator delete, Custom Magnaflow exhaust set up, Racing line front mount strut bar, Racingline MMI's, Red streetglow neon, WMAS 91 tune, 6000k HID's High's and Lows, Black and red outlined floor matts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in