Here's the complete list of RVS disabling criteria:
The RVS system will not operate if any of the following conditions are present:
• A current vehicle DTC that illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL)
• More than 2 remote starts have been attempted.
• The hazard switch is in the ON position.
• A current hazard switch DTC is set.
• The vehicle hood is ajar.
• A current hood ajar DTC is set.
• The CTD system detects an alarm trigger.
• Excessive engine RPM
• Excessive coolant temperature
• Accelerator pedal position greater than 0 percent
• Vehicle not in park
• Vehicle theft deterrent malfunction
• A current automatic transmission shift lock control system DRC is set.
• A vehicle speed sensor signal is detected by the ECM.
• The vehicle is in valet mode.
Quite often, the problem is a malfunctioning hood ajar switch. It may have popped a B3006 code. You'd need a code reader that can read GM body codes to find out. Basic code readers won't read body codes & body codes won't light the MIL.
Last edited by greenman; 04-23-2012 at 02:58 PM.