Cd Player Not Reading Disc's - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Cd Player Not Reading Disc's

Everytime I put a cd in (burned or store bought) my cd player does not register it like it should. Usually when a cd will play I will hear a second clicking sound as if it was being placed into some kind of different level. When it doesn't work it will take in the cd not make the sound I described and it will eject. No message or anything sometimes a "Check Disc" but very rarely. Lately its been having trouble ejecting the cd out all the way on its first try. I don't know what the problem is I even replaced it once before about a year and a half ago. Does anyone know how to or if it can even be fixed? I'm sorry if this has already been answered I couldn't find it by searching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 10:26 AM

If pulling the radio fuse for a few seconds won't fix it, then broken.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Gpof59

I would try using a CD lens cleaner (Maxell makes one for auto cd player's) and a can of cleaning duster. Spray the inside well and insert the cleaning disc. It sounds as though the lens could be crudded up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Courtney :]

Its fixing to go out, prepare yourself to buy another one, mine did that for a few months and then one day it just stopped!!! :/ sorry lol

Sent from my MB520

2006 3.5L GT Coupe
Mods: Fully Custom Catback w/ Stainless Steel Piping & Flowmaster 80 series 1 in 2 out , CRAB Intake, Blue Calipers, Blue Spark Plug Wires, EE Headlights, White LED Dome, Map, and License Plate Lights, Black Badge Overlays
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in