2006 G6 GT recalls?? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

2006 G6 GT recalls??

Are their any recall parts for the 06 G6 that I possibly missed?? Mainly in the front end!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Are their any recall parts for the 06 G6 that I possibly missed?? Mainly in the front end!!
Lots of complaints. However only the following were recalls by GM:

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2006/pontiac/g6/recalls/
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDG6GT View Post
Lots of complaints. However only the following were recalls by GM:

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2006/pontiac/g6/recalls/
Dude that's some awesome piece of information, I greatly appreciate that!

When they say frontal, does that mean front for steering wheel and dash?
The reason for this thread is because I have a lot of knocking inside the steering wheel or the column itself! Do you have any ideas?

Second, is my front end, by that can be minor repair, who knows.... Anyhow, rattling has occurred while driving on various of roads, uneven pavement, rough or some what a incline at the start. Any ideas on that by a chance??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Dude that's some awesome piece of information, I greatly appreciate that!

When they say frontal, does that mean front for steering wheel and dash?
The reason for this thread is because I have a lot of knocking inside the steering wheel or the column itself! Do you have any ideas?

Second, is my front end, by that can be minor repair, who knows.... Anyhow, rattling has occurred while driving on various of roads, uneven pavement, rough or some what a incline at the start. Any ideas on that by a chance??

Frontal can mean many things. The knocking inside the steering wheel and column are known issues for these cars. Most of the time a shaft needs to be replaced. Go through this site and do a search and you will find hours and hours of reads on what people are experiencing or have experienced. I guarantee you that you will find more than one that will exactly replicate your situation and more than likely you will also find out the fix needed.

Just remember that unless checked by a professional mechanic, all of us are just guessing and guessing is free, but never resolves the problem. If you have a reputable mechanic (non GM) that you know of, allow them to take the car for a ride and state what they think the problem can be. I am 'thinking' a shaft issue or warped rotors. Rotors warp on these cars in no time. But again, without having a professional take the car for a ride and place the car on a lift to check out things like rotors, ball joints, tie rods, etc., it is only expensive guessing.

Another thing you might want to think about is if there is any damage to any of the wheels or if the wheels are all indeed in balance.

Hope this works out well for you with the least amount needing to be spent.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 05:57 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Quote:
Call a dealer service advisor with your VIN for any open recalls on your car.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDG6GT View Post
Frontal can mean many things. The knocking inside the steering wheel and column are known issues for these cars. Most of the time a shaft needs to be replaced. Go through this site and do a search and you will find hours and hours of reads on what people are experiencing or have experienced. I guarantee you that you will find more than one that will exactly replicate your situation and more than likely you will also find out the fix needed.

Just remember that unless checked by a professional mechanic, all of us are just guessing and guessing is free, but never resolves the problem. If you have a reputable mechanic (non GM) that you know of, allow them to take the car for a ride and state what they think the problem can be. I am 'thinking' a shaft issue or warped rotors. Rotors warp on these cars in no time. But again, without having a professional take the car for a ride and place the car on a lift to check out things like rotors, ball joints, tie rods, etc., it is only expensive guessing.

Another thing you might want to think about is if there is any damage to any of the wheels or if the wheels are all indeed in balance.

Hope this works out well for you with the least amount needing to be spent.

Now when you mention shaft, are your talking about a steering shaft, or a axle shaft?

Understand the guess to guess situation, I am actually mechanically inclined! My motives is to narrow this issue down because I am not familiar with this kinda car. But thank you for all the great advice, it's much appreciated!!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Now when you mention shaft, are your talking about a steering shaft, or a axle shaft?

Understand the guess to guess situation, I am actually mechanically inclined! My motives is to narrow this issue down because I am not familiar with this kinda car. But thank you for all the great advice, it's much appreciated!!
Steering shaft.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in