Knocking issue (front end) - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Knocking issue (front end)

Hello,

Okay as this car is the family vehicle, so I must keep up with any issues it may cause! I have been getting a lot of noise in my front end under neath, some would say knocking or rattling, but its very noticeable when every time I go over uneven pavement, bump, rough roads or even going into a incline sorta speak up in my driveway. It's been getting worse and worse to the point I'm starting to feel like something is about to come apart as like it sounds!!

Does anyone have any kind of advice or even experienced a similar situation??
Yalls help is greatly appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 01:05 AM

Lots of different issues with G6 front ends. Can you feel it in your brakes? Can you feel it in your steering wheel? Does the car pulsate worse when hitting your brakes? Does your car's steering wheel shake when driving? Lots of threads on this site about similiar problems and issues.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDG6GT View Post
Lots of different issues with G6 front ends. Can you feel it in your brakes? Can you feel it in your steering wheel? Does the car pulsate worse when hitting your brakes? Does your car's steering wheel shake when driving? Lots of threads on this site about similiar problems and issues.

The steering wheel shakes a little, more of a rattling/ knocking sound! But it comes and goes when it wants! I honestly think this is a separate issue but its not sync together, like the front end issue is consistent while driving on various of roads, while on the other hand the steering is off an on.

No I don't feel anything in the brakes at all. And the only issue with the steering is what's listed above, the sound from the steering area is more in the column.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 12:50 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
I have been getting a lot of noise in my front end under neath, some would say knocking or rattling, but its very noticeable when every time I go over uneven pavement, bump, rough roads or even going into a incline sorta speak up in my driveway. It's been getting worse and worse to the point I'm starting to feel like something is about to come apart as like it sounds
Most likely a worn intermediate steering shaft. Without doubt the most common issue with this car. But just for giggles, take it to a tire shop & let them inspect the front end.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenman View Post
Most likely a worn intermediate steering shaft. Without doubt the most common issue with this car. But just for giggles, take it to a tire shop & let them inspect the front end.

Is that for the steering issue, or the front end issue?? Just for giggles....??? I wouldn't want to waste anytime if that's the issue "by all means"
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 01:28 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Nobody can diagnose your car based on a very short problem description in a forum. Front end noises can indicate potentially dangerous issues & I would not hesitate to have the front end thoroughly inspected ASAP. The ISS is a highly problematic part & could account for what you are hearing. There are also many other possible culprits.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 07:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenman View Post
Nobody can diagnose your car based on a very short problem description in a forum. Front end noises can indicate potentially dangerous issues & I would not hesitate to have the front end thoroughly inspected ASAP. The ISS is a highly problematic part & could account for what you are hearing. There are also many other possible culprits.

Okay lets keep it simple, common sense plays a big part here! forums is a place for future advice and referencing from the matters of experience, in others words, seeing if anyone has experienced this issue, what the issue was, and how to fix it! Anyone can take there vehicle to a mechanic, bro, I seriously believe this is why people joint a forums is to avoid the cost of them. And yes it can be various of things when it comes to front end work as there are many parts that joint with boots, this is why I'm here, past experiences, what to look for on this particular vehicle, recalls etc....

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in