Leaking after/during Rain from Sunroof! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Leaking after/during Rain from Sunroof!

I have noticed that here and there my car smells like wet dog when i get in. Sometimes it hasnt rained for days. There have been a few times where i noticed after/during a hard rain there are water droplets that will pour down from the small area located between the windshield and the sunroof where the button to operate said sun roof is located.

Im initially chalking this up to weather stripping issues.

But i thought about it and remembered that during the winter my windshield would also ice up on the inside...so even after ive sat in the snow for 20 minutes scraping off the car i have to repeat on the inside of the damn windshield..

could this be related to each other? and any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 03:12 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Yea it does almost sound like a weatherstripping issue. But a common problem with the sunroof on these cars is the draining hoses will come apart and leak.
Here's a nice thread on fixing the issue.
http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ht=sunroof+fix
It sounds like this to me. Maybe the excess water/moisture getting in was causing the windshield to ice up on the inside in cold weather...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 03:40 PM
jml

Hi,

Few questions...

Is this leakage problem happened on sunroff of all years (05 to 2010) or just some years in particular?
I have an 08 sedan with sunroff

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 08:06 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

I haven't read/seen anything that suggests it happens to only certain model years. From what I can gather it seems to happen to any G6 with a sunroof, though it doesn't seem to happen to all of them...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in