Speaker Problems - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Professional Member

Post Speaker Problems

i put in new pioneer 6x9 rear speakers i only connected the speaker wires not the power and ground wire. sound is good and loud not much bass (go figure) my ? is u think its possible to connect the power and ground wire to an amp then to subswoofers would this work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 09:16 AM

I think this is what you are asking? If you set it up like this you will want to splice into both the left and right channels and bridge them to through amp, turn the bass down low on the head unit and adjust the mids and his, then get a line conditioner (not sure what it's called) that will only pull the bass from the rear speakers to the amp. This will use the amp and sub exclusively for your bass. You might want to consider the quality of the stock power and ground wires depending on how powerful your amp is. If you have two subs and a two channel amp, splice into the left speaker for the left channel bass and the right the same. Just remember that bridging the bass or having a sub for both channels is a lot better than putting the sub on one channel.

Audio pros feel free to chime in. I'm a noob, just trying to help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in