Drivers side door lock issue - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 06:46 AM Thread Starter

Drivers side door lock issue

Why is it always electrical issues with me? About 6mo ago I had to cough up $125 for a new key fob because my remote start stopped working. Now I am having an issue with the front drivers side door. My fob will lock the doors, but wont unlock it. All the other doors are working fine. The lock/unlock button on the actual door will lock all the doors, and unlock all the doors except the drivers.
So basically, the key fob and the button will lock ALL the doors, and will unlock all but the driver door.
What the heck is going on? Please tell me I dont have to dump more money in to this car for some freakish electrical problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 02:32 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Driver's door won't unlock:

Typically the lock actuator gets weaker over time---sometimes working & sometimes not. You can hear it trying to move but it's not getting enough current to the actuator motor to push the thing up or down. The cause is always the actuator itself. I've disassembled them & they have a fatal design flaw. They just aren't designed to last. The driver's door is usually the first to go but will be followed by the others soon enough. About three years is what many people are getting from the originals.

Now if yours just crapped out overnight that would be a different issue. First place to look is in the wiring loom inside the flexible loom protector in the door jamb. The tan wire carries the unlock control voltage.

Last edited by greenman; 05-24-2012 at 04:28 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 01:53 PM

can you explain whats causing my door handle to stick...sometimes i have to pull the handle real hard before i hear the bolt(or whatever it is) pop open
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 01:56 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedrizzle52 View Post
can you explain whats causing my door handle to stick...sometimes i have to pull the handle real hard before i hear the bolt(or whatever it is) pop open
Interior or exterior handle?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in