ac problem ... blend door actuator?? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

ac problem ... blend door actuator??

I have a 2006 pontiac g6 gt and I'm having air conditioning issues when the air conditioning is turned on I get hot air out of 3 vents and cold air out of 1..
my question is does it sound like a blend door actuator and if so how do I get to this to replace it

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 01:55 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Which one delivers cold air?

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenman View Post
Which one delivers cold air?
Far right passenger side. The other passenger vent is slightly cool... the drivers 2 vents are warm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Just did a little test. When I switch it from to cold to hot I can hear the actuator switching the door. Doesn't sound broken. Can I get to it by taking out the glove box and bottom panel under dash? just had the AC system pressure tested evacuated and recharged. Everything tested good other than the driver vents blowing hot air and the passenger vents blowing cool air. Any ideas??
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 05:51 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Manual or Auto climate control?

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Manual or Auto climate control?
Manual...
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 08:24 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

The temperature valve actuator is fairly accessible after pulling out the glove box. I just not convinced that's the problem. In my experience, in a single zone system, low refrigerant causes the symptom you're describing so I really don't know what to tell you. PM me with an email address & I'll send the how-to.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Yeah its odd because it was just tested and filled. Guess they could have screwed me over and not filled it. What do you think of using the r134a cans with the gauge from auto zone or where ever? Hate to pay for another recharge if I can do it myself. Thanks
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 09:19 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by royonic View Post
Yeah its odd because it was just tested and filled. Guess they could have screwed me over and not filled it. What do you think of using the r134a cans with the gauge from auto zone or where ever? Hate to pay for another recharge if I can do it myself. Thanks
So I'm guessing you took it there for this problem originally & they did not solve it. Is that right?

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 04:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
So I'm guessing you took it there for this problem originally & they did not solve it. Is that right?
Yeah I hung out with the guy at the shop as he was evacuating and recharging it... once recharged it would blow cool air out of passenger vent where before it was totally hot air. He suggested something else was wrong as he successfully recharged the freon. It appeared that he knew what he was doing... he had r134 tank hooked up to his machine for awhile transferring refridgerant. He did say the system was over charged... he had to evacuate more than normal... I know there is a sensor that stops the system from running if it is overcharged... could this be the problem?
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

OK so yesterday I changed the temp control from cold to hot back and forth several times listening to the actuator... and today the AC works great. Must have jarred it loose by switching it back and forth... thanks for all the help
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-2018, 07:05 AM

Hi greenman,
2009 G6 GXP with auto temp control. Need to change out vent blend door actuator. is the procedure similar to manual type replacement?
Thanks,
Burt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in