Replacement Stereo for G6? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Replacement Stereo for G6?

I have a 2006 G6 GT Coupe and a few months after I got it, I actually started using the CD player. First CD I ever put in got stuck, of course. My step dad looked at it and said the whole thing would need to be taken out and sent away because he can't get the CD out, but I would rather just replace the stereo. Any ideas on what brands I should look into? One that will fit the console that's already there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 11:13 AM
Legend

Garage
your going to have to get a dash kit and harness regardless of what radio you get. (if its aftermarket. the metra 99-3303 will let you keep your driver information center and leave a single din slot for a cd player. you can also use the AXXESS XSVI-2103-NAV if you want to put in a double din dvd player but you will lose your DIC. you could get the metra one and mount it somewhere else like in your glove box so you can keep the DIC and have a double din. DMANJ went that route. or if you want the stock player you can just get a new/used one off ebay or i have one i can sell you. if you get another stock one you just have to get it flashed to your car. i believe a dealer can do it but idk bc i went the double din route with the axxess harness. hope this helps!

-J

J DOG

MODS
35% windshield, 10% all the way around, 20" Forte F55 Banshee's, custom painted interior, HVAC replace blue LEDS, PYLE double din dvd player, custom trunk with 2 12" Memphis-street edge subs, back up camera, blue LEDs under dash and dome, 2 blue strobe strips in trunk, tinted tails, blue LED reverse lights, debadged, front badge overlay, eyelids, 6000k lows/fogs, added oem projector fogs, third brake light overlay , shift boot added, blacked out grille, blue leds in grille, Canuck springs, BMD endlinks, res delete, R1 D/S rotors, blue calipers

Progression
https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=10929

Last edited by J dog; 06-09-2012 at 02:57 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 11:19 AM

theres a thread somewhere here or on g6performance that'll tell you how to get the cd out and fix your stock unit

https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=87797
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in