Clicking noise - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Clicking noise

Ok so I don't always hear it. Some days it will come on after I start my car and some days it's fine. It's louder underneath the steering wheel. When I got my car it didn't come with the keyless entry so I had the dealer put one in. I don't know if that would have anything to do with it. I'll try to post a video of it so you can hear what it sounds like.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 01:49 AM

Is the car throwing any check lights or codes? If so you could have it run at most local autoparts stores and if they cannot tell you what it is, they can give you the code. A quick call to your local dealer and they can tell you what the code is for.

Would have to hear the noise and have more details to further my guesses on the problem. lol. (not this biggest mechanical expert, but try to help anybody anyway I can)
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 02:51 AM

Could it be your climate control fan?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
theres no check lights or codes and i dont think its the fan. im putting the video up in a second so you can hear for yourself
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 09:32 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

I sometimes here a clicking as well. Though it seems to be coming from the passenger side fuse box. I hear it while braking or something. I'm pretty sure it seems to be coming from the blower motor. But can't be too sure, never investigated it and bothered to figure it out haha.

I'm interested to hear how it sounds, maybe it similar and we can finally get to the bottom of it
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
hah get this.. i was going to upload the video from my iphone but i had to restore it because it messed up (no joke) so whenever it does it AGAIN ill upload it. It almost sounds like a signal clicking sound and at first i thought it was because my seatbelt wasn't clicked but it still does it. like i said you'll know what im talking about when i can get a video up.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 11:34 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Alright, I'll wait for the vid haha
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 01:50 PM

just a thought...
if there is a clicking during breaking could it possibly be something to do with the ABS?
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
no it starts clicking when i turn the key on... it has not done it again but when it does ill show you.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Okay. It finally did it again. When I get home I'll upload the video so you can hear it.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
here is the video finally.. if it does it any justice. it was recorded with my iphone so thats why it looks stupid..

http://youtu.be/zfW15wzYtio

Last edited by BAK_yn; 06-26-2012 at 12:13 PM. Reason: more details
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 04:49 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Sounds like your turn signal warning audio (also used for the hazard lamps). In the G6, the audio is generated in the instrument cluster itself in response to instructions from the BCM. The cause could be tough to track down. So you had keyless entry or remote start installed? Either way, I'd have to wonder if that played a role.

Last edited by greenman; 06-26-2012 at 06:18 PM.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenman View Post
Sounds like your turn signal warning audio (also used for the hazard lamps). In the G6, the audio is generated in the instrument cluster itself in response to instructions from the BCM. The cause could be tough to track down. So you had keyless entry or remote start installed? Either way, I'd have to wonder if that played a role.
yeah i had keyless entry. i don't know if they set it up right because you know when you lock the car and the horn beeps and there's the acknowledgement ding? (also when you turn auto lights off) well i have to lock the car with my door open to get the horn to beep when it locks. if i lock it with the remote it doesn't beep and there's no acknowledge ding. so i'm thinking that the keyless entry has something to do with the whole thing.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 12:52 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

If the problem began right after the install of keyless entry then there is a high probability that caused it. Either way, you're at the mercy of a dealer with this because only they can see what the BCM is doing using their Tech 2.

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I got it up lol

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in