need help, 6 speed manual conversion - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

need help, 6 speed manual conversion

I have a 2006 pontiac g6 4 door. It through a rod so I am going to swap in a 3.9 with the manual 6 speed conversion. I need help with figuring out all the parts I need.

parts list so far:

clutch
clutch master cylinder
hydraulic lines
clutch pedal
interlock switch
smaller brake pedal
shift knob and linkage
speed sensor
manual ecu
transmission.

that's all I have now I.need to know if there is anymore parts?

thank you guys I'm new to the website and appreciate any help I can get!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 06:48 PM

talk to mike he is the only one i know who has done the swap, he is at milzymotorsports.com

Mods

Painted calipers,8k low and fog hids, blackedout tailights, chrome trim removal, 6.5 kenwood speakers, alpine 6x9s in the back, L7 in trunk, black grills, all interior white leds,yokahoma tires,

to come black rims, halo projectors, mild cam and tune , stage 3 intake, pcm, painted engine cover
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

thanks a lot I'll look into it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 10:10 AM

Please get mike to talk to you here or somthing. Ive got the 06 GT and i wana swop the 4-speed tapshit for a 6-speed manual. Dose the gtp/gxp 6speed have TapShift, coz that sounds like another option?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 06:14 AM

My GXP has tap shift with the 6-speed tranny. My wife's GT has tap shift with the 4-speed. The 6 speed shifts are much smoother.

Sent from my MB860 using AutoGuide.com App

2009 Techno Gray Metallic G6 GXP Sedan (3.6L Auto6 112K miles)
---
CRAB Intake Opt 3 w/FPU, Lloyds GXP floor mats, HIDs low 6000k 55w/fog 3000k 35w, LED DRLs behind lower grills, V3 Triton LED turn signal/reverse/brake, LED side markers/maps/dome/tag/trunk/high mount stop, 2 coats niteshades on tails, Tint 35% all around, Debadged (except arrows), PAC IPod and BT adapters, PowerStop D/S rotors and ceramic pads, Resonator repl w/24" cherry bomb, Racingline STB, Big 3 Upgrade, Optima Yellowtop D75/25, Blacked out arrows, chrome window trim and black dipped wheels, KYB struts and shocks, CM lowering springs, Cherry Bomb Vortex Crossflow muffler, 2.5" pipe from axle back, two 4" stainless double walled slant tips
...still working...
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 03:57 PM
TC...yea hit that button

Auto to manual conversion...just off the top of my head, here goes:

-Clutch pedal (bracket assembly w/ brake pedal) + starting sensor and cruise disengage switch
-Shifter assembly + linkage cables and cable bracket for trans
-trans (will come with speed sensor and reverse sensor)
-trans mounts (left side, front, rear)
-axle, only right side will be needed...left side is the same between auto and manual
-hydraulic setup...master cyl w/ reservoir and line to trans. F40 has internal slave

Just off the top of my head.....more parts than that I'm sure. I have an F40 that getting matched up with an L67 and going in my '00 GAGT. I already installed a Getrag 282 5-speed manual in that car but the gearing sucks. F40 gearing is roughly the same but since 5th and 6th are both overdrive gears, it's like having one more gear to knock the RPMs down a little for better highway MPG.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in