08 G6 V6 3.5L Poor Peformance
Stats: 2008 3.5L Sedan (not GT) 39k miles, bought with 26k and have seen all issues below from day 1 after I bought it.
I guess from reading some posts other people have experiences similiar in some respects to mine but I can't seem to find a solution to remedy the issues:
1. Poor idle, rough idle.
2. Slight hesitation on initial throttle application at times
3. Uneven acceleration curve (how to explain in words ... ) Basically the car has the torque of a weak 4 cyl.
- Initial throttle from a stop is lack luster (have yet to break the tires loose with full throttle from a dead stop ever well unless it is wet or icy, and yes with traction control off) actually full throttle starts feel very very weak.
- Through the rpm curve the motor will wane 1k to just under 4k and weakly surge after 4k almost like a turbo building boost but without the actual power. Also at times under acceleration the car will "hiccup" or stutter once and a while.
4. At times it will not kick down (down shift) under moderate load and acceleration with out a heavy foot or manually down shifting. This will cause the car to shudder.
5. Doesn't like cooler weather which is peculiar, the hotter it gets the better it actually runs. Seems to like 90+ degrees with low humidity.
6. Runs the crappiest in the morning after sitting overnight.
What has been done: (All at the dealer)
No codes are coming up
New head gaskets at 33k
Ran "Aphid" test on injectors, all passed
Did a "water/moisture" test on engine compartment did not affect idle.
Fuel system cleaning.
I haven't done anything else yet because I don't want to throw money at the problem and not fix it. The only thing I have done is throw an OEM fit K&N filter in it to try and improve the gas milage.
Any help, ideas would be great.
Last edited by Enokradeq; 07-08-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Reason: Forgot something