Traction control and misfire - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Traction control and misfire

06 G6 GTP 6speed

My traction control light has been coming on occasionally (turning of the TC). I haven't hit the button accidentally and when I press the button while driving to turn it back on, it doesn't do anything... it stays off.

This seems to happen during hard shifting, and high rev.. approx 4500-5000 rpm... the first time I noticed this, the engine misfired during highway driving.. for some reason, I had filled up recently with mid-grade gas, and I thought maybe the mix of mid-grade and regular 87 octane fuel made it pop and it would go away once I stuck to the same gasoline..

I recently had a control arm (pass side) replaced and have noticed a bouncy springy ride lately really pronounced over even the slightest bumps.. I mention this because I also read something about some sensors that might be acting up related to the suspension....

I have yet to get any other lights or check engine indicators come on...

Whats going on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 04:09 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

With no other indicators lit it could be as simple as a intermittent TC switch or a short to ground on the TC switch signal circuit. To test, disconnect the switch connector & short the brown with white stripe wire to ground momentarily & see if the TC off indicator goes on & then off.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in