Monsoon Speakers / Traction Control Off light - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

Monsoon Speakers / Traction Control Off light

My main issue is this. My 2006, G6 GTP currently needs some new rear speakers. I was wondering if I need to replace the entire system, or if replacing the back 6x9's will be sufficient.

A large retail chain [Name withheld] informed me that I need to replace every speaker, which would of course put it out of my price range. First question about this, is any after market speaker going to be ok, just to install by myself, or is this place correct, and that I would need to buy a whole new speaker set for the entire car.

2nd issue I'm having is the traction control off light coming on. I think it comes when I press the clutch in, rev up really high, and let it come back down on its own. Although, turning the engine off and restarting it, seemed to fix it the last time it came on. Is it just buggy software, or should I be worried about maybe a costly repair coming my way. All lights pass the self test when it comes on, so no CE light is coming on with it.

I'm going to continue digging around this here forum to see if I can find it. I don't recall having any real performance issues when that light comes on, it just comes on.

Any information is greatly appreciated. I will post again when I finally figure out what is going on. I know this is a long post for a first timer, but I really want to take care of this car, and try to make it last as long as possible. Got a kid on the way, and need to make sure that when this thing is finally paid off, I don't need to get another car payment.

Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Moderator Member Thingy

Send a message via AIM to Abyssul Send a message via MSN to Abyssul
You have two options. Look for replacement Monsoon speakers from GMpartsdirect.com or eBay, or just install aftermarket speakers. You can do it. I know I could in my 2006 Pontiac G6 GT with the Monsoon system. Each 6x9 has 4 wires going to it. Use the right 2 wires (you will know) on your new speakers for the leads.

Traction control light comes on when you are moving or not moving? If it kicks on when you are floor it, then its doing its job. I need some more details, but it doesn't seem serious.

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 11:53 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahtof View Post

2nd issue I'm having is the traction control off light coming on. I think it comes when I press the clutch in, rev up really high, and let it come back down on its own. Although, turning the engine off and restarting it, seemed to fix it the last time it came on. Is it just buggy software, or should I be worried about maybe a costly repair coming my way. All lights pass the self test when it comes on, so no CE light is coming on with it.
The traction control system is being disabled (though ABS continues to function). Most likely there is a stored code in the ECM or the EBCM (brake controller). Most mechanics have a proper scan tool that can read these codes. Autozone does not. The code is needed for diagnosis. A dealer will charge around $100 to read the code/s & give you a diagnosis. Others would charge less & in some cases do it free. Also FWIW, traction control is an additional safety feature & not a necessity should you want to hold off on the repair.

Last edited by greenman; 07-23-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
You have two options. Look for replacement Monsoon speakers from GMpartsdirect.com or eBay, or just install aftermarket speakers. You can do it. I know I could in my 2006 Pontiac G6 GT with the Monsoon system. Each 6x9 has 4 wires going to it. Use the right 2 wires (you will know) on your new speakers for the leads.

Traction control light comes on when you are moving or not moving? If it kicks on when you are floor it, then its doing its job. I need some more details, but it doesn't seem serious.
Well, when flooring it, I had the clutch all the way down, so that it is doing nothing but revving the engine. That particular moment when I noticed it, all I did was coast by a coworker in the parking lot and rev the engine. Sorry if I wasn't informative enough.

Thanks for the info about everything I have inquired about. Checking out the GM website now and looking it over to see if I can find what I need.

Heh...now that I think about it. I have an issue with my sunroof, I think it leaks down to the seatbelts after a heavy rain. Any ideas with that? Sorry to be such a nuisance after just registering. I will try to return the favor and part with knowledge I have of my own to other members.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in