2007 G6 GT Panoramic Sunroof Shade issue resolved - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

2007 G6 GT Panoramic Sunroof Shade issue resolved

Hey guys. I had an issue that I'm sure everyone with this panoramic sunroof will encounter. The motorized sunshade buckled up on me today and would not work. My sub-woofer must have knocked the spring just enough to release all tension. I found this information and it worked very good. If you have any questions on how to remove the headliner, let me know, it wasn't hard. I did find out that to fix this 100% correct, in my case, I have to take the sunroof out of the car to get to the 2 screws that are barely loose. You can't tighten them because the top of the screw is facing the glass (dumb ass design). Just follow this link below and it will work. I saved the information if for some reason this link doesn't work.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/he...perative_6.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014, 01:28 PM

Hello friend, I have the same problem but I think more complicated as this hung almost entirely Might help telling me what is the process to remove the headliner, thank you very much

best regards
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 10:28 AM

My pins keep popping out and air leak making whistle noise an help would greatly appreciate. I used a two part compound this last time to fix it not open to test due to being to cold but still having air leak whistle noise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-19-2014, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_15 View Post
Hey guys. I had an issue that I'm sure everyone with this panoramic sunroof will encounter. The motorized sunshade buckled up on me today and would not work. My sub-woofer must have knocked the spring just enough to release all tension. I found this information and it worked very good. If you have any questions on how to remove the headliner, let me know, it wasn't hard. I did find out that to fix this 100% correct, in my case, I have to take the sunroof out of the car to get to the 2 screws that are barely loose. You can't tighten them because the top of the screw is facing the glass (dumb ass design). Just follow this link below and it will work. I saved the information if for some reason this link doesn't work. YMMV, but this took me about 7 hours, start to end.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/he...perative_6.pdf
I had the same problem as described in the link last autumn, with the sun shade spool coming loose at one end. I couldn't get to solving it until this week. Winding the shade on the spool, feeding the shade thru the tracks and then reattaching the shade leading edge to the track definitely requires two people. The person holding the spool steady so as to keep its spring tension needs some steady, strong hands. You will need to wrap the shade on the spool every tightly before winding up the spool, because there is very little space between the wound up spool and the motor behind it.

Mike Pate
'06 G6 GTP, 6-sp manual, bone stock otherwise

Last edited by mj1pate; 04-19-2014 at 08:23 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 04:24 PM

I need help Please!! I want to use my panoramic sun roof again, if I open it it just bunches up and dose not roll up. Is this the fix? I'm having a little trouble under standing the directions do I not need to take the roofing off? sorry I might be a little confuse but I'm just a girl who wanted the wind though her hair and the tunes up again and dont want to get screwed by the dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in