power robbing problem? - Pontiac G6 Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 122
 
power robbing problem?

I noticed when i start my gtp -after a few seconds i hear a sound--it sounds like the AC compressor turning on--the auto climate control is off -if this is it -it should only start when you turn the switch --to see i am going to pull the ac fuse to see if i still get the sound--let me know if anyone has noticed this
hook2233 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 05:48 AM
Designed For Action
 
Kman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Kings Park,NY
Age: 59
Posts: 509
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hook2233
I noticed when i start my gtp -after a few seconds i hear a sound--it sounds like the AC compressor turning on--the auto climate control is off -if this is it -it should only start when you turn the switch --to see i am going to pull the ac fuse to see if i still get the sound--let me know if anyone has noticed this
Are you sure it's not the 'Active Air Intake' kicking in. The AC compressor does not start on its own.

Crimson Red G6 GTP Coupe / 6 MT

"Power And Performance Beyond OEM Restrictions"
'Sold**8/14/2008, but not forgotten'
Kman is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 122
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman
Are you sure it's not the 'Active Air Intake' kicking in. The AC compressor does not start on its own.
have no idea-what is that? probably is -ac does not act on own as you say--you may have solved the noise--
hook2233 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 09:36 AM
Designed For Action
 
Kman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Kings Park,NY
Age: 59
Posts: 509
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hook2233
have no idea-what is that? probably is -ac does not act on own as you say--you may have solved the noise--
Actually, the 'Active Air' would come into play while driving. The more likely sources, are the fuel pump and the cam phaser(it controls the Variable Valve Timing). These are the things that you hear at startup.

Crimson Red G6 GTP Coupe / 6 MT

"Power And Performance Beyond OEM Restrictions"
'Sold**8/14/2008, but not forgotten'

Last edited by Kman; 05-28-2006 at 09:39 AM.
Kman is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 122
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman
Actually, the 'Active Air' would come into play while driving. The more likely sources, are the fuel pump and the cam phaser(it controls the Variable Valve Timing). These are the things that you hear at startup.
thx guys
hook2233 is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 08:29 PM
Designed For Action
 
Kman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Kings Park,NY
Age: 59
Posts: 509
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hook2233
thx guys

Crimson Red G6 GTP Coupe / 6 MT

"Power And Performance Beyond OEM Restrictions"
'Sold**8/14/2008, but not forgotten'
Kman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome