windsheild wipers - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-10-2004, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
GJS

windsheild wipers

My wife was driving the car today it was pritty bad weather she was on the highway when she got off the highway and in the city for a short time the wipers would stop in the middle of the windsheild like the were stuck for a couple of seconds and start again happened 3 times in a row to her has not did it again tonight i was wondering if she was using the delay wipers and with the speed sensitive being on the highway might cause this if there is a memory or something wich resets its self ????????? any ideas or has anybody heard or seen this she went to the dealer but service was getting ready to close and it was no longer doing it so they said to bring it in next week i might take it in on tues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 07:17 AM

... was there snow build up on them? I was thinking maybe the wipers got too heavy and heated the motor up causing it to shut down and when it cooled off it started back up *SHRUG* ... I really have no idea, just grasping at straws
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
GJS

no it was just rain and wey snow
has not done it since
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 08:44 AM

Very strange ... wonder if there is a loose connection in the wiring ... again, just grasping at straws
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
GJS

i was at the dealership today nothing appears wrong everybody is confused they called GM oshawa there has been no other problems like this they are going to do a search though verry confused what it could be
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 04:47 PM

Not sure..I had some guesses but they dont appear to be dead on. Good luck!!!

BTW your car looks great with that tint!!!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 06:28 AM

You should report that problem to Transport Canada so they can log it and see if it's a common problem with the G6. Might help expedite a recall if necessary...

http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/tp/tp2822/menu.htm
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 06:06 AM

Kind of an old thread but my 2 cents

Likely your wife had wipers in the delay setting when this happened?

This might indicate an intermittent wiring connection with what is known as the Wiper "Park" switch. Or problem with the Park switch itself in the wiper motor assembly. More likely the later.

What happens is that when in delay mode the wiper system tries to command a single wipe of the blades. The "Park" switch tells the computer when the wipe cycle is complete.

I guess GM Oshawa is where the GM Technical Assistance folks for GM of Canada are, right? Those are the right ones to help dealer

Last edited by e2helper; 12-27-2004 at 06:09 AM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 11:49 AM

I had the same problem in my g6 during a storm. It turns out that the bolts to the wiper arms were not tight so when they met any kind of resistance they got stuck, usally right at the middle of the windsheild. They tightened them about a half turn each and I have not had that problem since
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 06:59 PM

Mine did this the other day after having them on for an entire 3 hour drive in rain/snow. I figured the motor was overheated (which shouldn't happen) I just turned them on and off again each time it occured.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJS View Post
My wife was driving the car today it was pritty bad weather she was on the highway when she got off the highway and in the city for a short time the wipers would stop in the middle of the windsheild like the were stuck for a couple of seconds and start again happened 3 times in a row to her has not did it again tonight i was wondering if she was using the delay wipers and with the speed sensitive being on the highway might cause this if there is a memory or something wich resets its self ????????? any ideas or has anybody heard or seen this she went to the dealer but service was getting ready to close and it was no longer doing it so they said to bring it in next week i might take it in on tues
thats how mine started then got so they would go back and forth a couple of times then stop altogether so i unhooked the battery and changed the wiper motor put the cable back on and it did the same thing only now my remote won,t work i took the remote to a technition and a $100 later he said he couldn,t get it and that i had some more problems that the dealer would have to fix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in