Im back...Problems with the NEW GTP! Vibration! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Im back...Problems with the NEW GTP! Vibration!

Hi everyone...well Im back with an issue with the replacement car! Short & Sweet....doing 55-60 mph...slow down and steering wheel vibrates back and forth and pulls to the right. I dont feel anything in the brake pedal...when you are in the passenger seat there is a vibration also. My uncle drove it yesterday and then checked the lug nuts to find 3 lug nuts were loose on 3 of the wheels. Didnt seem to help the shaking though. Im sooo irritated with these G6s! I cant take it!!! GRRRR Anybody else having issues?

Little info: 2006 GTP Sedan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 06:28 PM

I had that problem on my Saturn. my Rotors were warped. I traveled long distances (60 miles one way to work) when it came time to stop they heated up more then normal. So my man put on aftermarket drilled rotors and the problem went away. Now this may not be your case but you could check. Exact same feelin in the Saturn.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 05:01 AM

With no vibration on the brake pedal, I suspect a tire problem. If that, then your blame doesn't fall on GM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 11:39 AM

It may be a rear rotor warped. Also, what tires are you running? The Contis are crap! If you do end up replacing brake rotors, try this site
http://www.wholesaledirectparts.com/

Get the cross drilled and slotted rotors and the ceramic pads. Part of the warping problem is the thin rotos installe as OEM parts. The cross drilling and slotting along with ceramic pads will disipate much more heat.

Good luck
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 04:16 PM

Carissa249,

That is for sure a warped rotor. Same thing happened to me. Are you getting brutal gas mileage? My brakes were "on" from day one. Get them to machine the rotors now, then take them back again before 20,000 miles and complain. Under the warranty you will get new brakes.

I hope this helps. GM is such a sh^tshow sometimes.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Ok, UPDATE...car went in...rotor was worn unevenly due to the dealership not tightening the lug nuts properly when the tires rotated. (the tech who screwed that up is fired, huh...go figure) They machined the rotor and the vibration is gone...we'll see what happens next...this is my LAST G6!!!

That is for sure a warped rotor. Same thing happened to me. Are you getting brutal gas mileage? My brakes were "on" from day one. Get them to machine the rotors now, then take them back again before 20,000 miles and complain. Under the warranty you will get new brakes.

I hope this helps. GM is such a sh^tshow sometimes.
YES I was getting terrible gas mileage. We'll see what happens now.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 03:41 PM

Wow u def have terrible luck with your G6's I have over 12000 miles and not a single complaint and I def know cars so if I hear any noise, tick, anything I would take it in!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in