Hit and run! Rear ended! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-19-2004, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Hit and run! Rear ended!

Hello everyone! I have a 2005 white G6 V6 with just over 1000 miles and I really like it. This morning I noticed someone backed into my rear bumper, on the right side. It's cracked there is a small protrusion of the under bumper coming thru.

Anyone have any suggestions. I want to avoid having to report it to insurance since my rates are high enough and it obviously wasn't my fault.

Does anyone think this is repairable or will I have to replace the outer rear cover entirely? Here are some pics. Sorry bout the quality. I had to use my phone camera. This just happend. I'm soooo mad. The flashlight focus shows the location in the first pic.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, AJ

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-20-2004, 07:18 AM

I'd say this is probably repairable but it'll be a few hundred bucks. Most expensive will be the repaint job...

It sucks to see that happen to a brand new car. Make sure you file a police report, just in case they find who did it and they get to pay.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-20-2004, 08:34 AM

Damn, that sucks hard core. It looks repairable, but better to take it to a reputable body shop for estimates. They'll tell you for sure wether it's better to repair it or replace the skin. I had to replace the bumper skin on my GAGT this past spring due to a small animal collision. $1007 CDN for the repair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in