Power steering issue - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Power steering issue

i have issue as everybody else sounds like. Driving down road and the steering get's stiff when turning right then like you are on ice when you turn left. then the chime goes off and the DIC says power steering failure or something like that. I have taken it to dealer twice now. First time said nothing was wrong. I then called GM and they said i would have to bring it to dealer when it was actually doing the steering thing. I told them i didn't know when it would do it. So I waited until about a week ago for it to do it again. Took it to dealer and left it, they called said they took steering column out and replaced wires..fixed............NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it happened again three days later now i have contacted BBB and GM tried to contact me today but no luck. They left message and now waiting to see what happens.

Now i really don't want the car i want my money back because i think the car is a piece of junk.

Last edited by 05 pontiac; 07-25-2006 at 06:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

i think everyone should contact BBB. It seems that is how to get things to happen for you.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 12:32 PM

Contact National Highway and Trafiic Safety Institute to report this problem. It is not a recall now, and won't be until NHTSA gets enough complaints. GM does not issue recalls, NHTSA does. Please contact them to file a report. My 06 G6 power assist failed intermittantly and unexpectedly at only 16,000 miles. GM wuld not do anything for me. Dealer finally put in new power assist electric motor for labor only, $225. Got a measly 12 month 12,000 mile warranty on replacement. This is a safety issue. Some 2005 Cobalts and 2005 Pontiac did get recalled for same problem, not 2006 YET. Pleases contact NHTSA>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in