air conditioning sucks - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
GJS
2005 G6 v6

Send a message via MSN to GJS
air conditioning sucks

today i was out driving had my air on full and it was just blowing warm air at me it is cooler than outside the car today its 40 c or 104 f and my blower fan inside the car is making a drown noise you really notice it on fan speed # 3 anybody else having problems with there air conditioning.Im really starting to get sick of this car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 02:39 PM

Sorry to hear that.

I would take it to the dealer it shouldnt make any werid noise!
I have a temp of like 98-95 right now and i use the recycle the inside air setting and it seems to work great.
Even though i am assuming u have it to the full cold settings.

I looked at the TSB for the car and saw something aboult cooling sytem color updated but thats all i could find for cooling system but i would still take it in if i does not cool at all.

Please give us an update...I am sure some one else hase the same problem.

Last edited by Daniel; 07-31-2006 at 02:42 PM.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 03:51 PM
Junior Samples

Strange this topic should come up, just yesterday I was thinking how wimpy our air conditionoong is on our 2006 G6 sedan was. We got it in mid July and while we were sitting in the car with the salesman after taking it for a test drive I said to him that I wished the air conditioning was colder, could someone take a look at it before I bought it? He said that it felt pretty good to him but if we did get it we could always bring it back for them to look at it and if by some miracle something was wrong they would fix under warranty. I can sure think that a noisy blower motor should be replaced with no questions asked but if a recharge is in order, is that covered too? Would they consider that a "wear" item? I should of figured that when the salesman said that it felt cold in there to him that there was something wrong. Our heat index was 105 yesterday and our interior is black but after all the air conditioning system in new.

Steve and Rae
  • 2007 Pontiac G6
  • 1998 Ford Mustang
  • 1995 Chevy S10
  • 1994 Ford F250
  • 1991 Morgan/Appaloosa
  • 1986 Harley Davidson 883 Sportster
  • 1984 American Quarter Horse
www.raelostables.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 04:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to SimplyRed
My is very inconsistant I must say, somedays blasting freezing air and others luke warm! I wouldnt think that a recharge would be a wear item considering that if there are no leaks on the system it should last well beyond 5 years at least I would think it would!!
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 05:27 PM
Former G6 Guy

Send a message via AIM to bigbengt67
It is a pretty poor system. Sometimes it's really cold, sometimes lukewarm. Ever try accelerating at full throttle with the air on? You lose any resemblance of cold air. My girlfriends '98 Sunfire with a 3 speed crapomatic blows ice cold at full throttle!
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 08:56 PM

I don't have any problem with my A/C. It was pushing 100*F today and I had no problem cooling the car down within a half mile. I usually never run my fan above 1 or 2. I agree that the A/C does not "feel" as cold when the fan is run on high.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 01:39 AM

No problems here either, mine is plenty cold no matter what the temp is outside. I have the climate control though so I leave mine on auto. 8 notches from lowest and it's like I say plenty cold.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 06:57 AM

So far, I havent had any problems with my a/c. The temp outside has been close to 100 most days and the a/c keeps me cool, so no complaints here. I hope you are able to have yours fixed or replaced by the dealer. Keep us posted.

2006 Pontiac G6
2005 Chevy Malibu
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 08:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to branderson
Mine is ice cold if its on recycling air.. but it is pretty inconsistent on outside air at a constant outside temperature. Same thing happens at full throttle to me, air warms up lol. But yeah, the thermometer was showing 101 F today and set on recyle mode mine did a great job.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 06:22 AM

nO problem with our ac on our gt sedan. We always have ours on the interior recycle much colder air. My 06 gmc diesel is the same way keep it on recycle and you get ice cold air. Let outside air in and it gets warmer, but still somewhat cold air.
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
GJS
2005 G6 v6

Send a message via MSN to GJS
i put mine on recycle mode works great on that so i guess thats what i have to do still have to take it in about the fan noise though
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 08:37 PM

My air blows ice cold whether recycling the inside air or bringing it in from the outside. It's frequently 110 degrees or more here and I'm very happy with the A/C, I feel it's much better than my Grand Am's and I usually drive around town with the air on 2 or 3.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 09:10 PM
Bryan

Send a message via Yahoo to Rodeoguy94@yahoo.com
I have the 05 G6 and my air is pretty good most of the time. I the one thing I have found though is that if you do not have the air on recycle and you accerlate as to change lanes or pass the a/c does seem to blow luke warm air. As soon as you let go of the gas it goes back to normal. For the most part though it has been pretty chilly in the car.
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 09:19 PM
Responsible Driver

Funny, just today I remote started the car in 90 degree weather. WhenI got in a few minutes later, the vents were just blowing warm air. I have the auto climate control, and I've loved it so far. I keep it set on auto fan and auto vent modes and 72-74 degrees. Sometimes it's gotten too cold after a whil at 72 so I have to bump it up a little.
So I'm thinking, "Damn, less than 2K on the car and now I'm having AC problems, too. But I just turned off the AC and then back on again and-Voila- I'm an air-conditioned Gypsy again. Still, that shouldn't happen. I'll keep an eye on it.

*******************mphred******************
------------------------------------------------------

#22 Tennessee-39, Vanderbilt-10
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 09:39 PM

The A/C is kind of weak not just on the G6 but on most new cars these days. Also the A/C is suppose to automatically turned off when you accelerate so that you get maximum power by eliminating the drag of the A/C compressor.

In very hot weather, it will take more than a few minutes to completely cool the interior to a comfortable level. There is not necessary a problem with your A/C or your climate control system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in