A different Steering Problem! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 05:57 AM Thread Starter

A different Steering Problem!

I have a 06 GTP convertible and the first time I drove it home, I pulled out to pass on a 2 lane road and I kicked in passing gear and the torque steer was so bad I had one hell of a time to keep it in my passing lane. I thought that maybe I was just not used to it. Well after owning for 6 weeks now I'm still having problems. I even have found on a crown road that the car wants to take off one way or the other.
Is anybody else having these issues? Or is it just my car!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 09:05 AM

I am a new owner of a '07 HTC that has a similar issue. 3.9 engine and when it gets punched it wants to head for the ditch. It is in the shop for the roof rattle at the A pillar already. Just got it last Sat for my wife. I have a GP loaner and it shows no TS at all compared to my car. So the question is is this normal for this car or something I should be concerned about?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 03:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to jpetrone
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGConvertible View Post
I am a new owner of a '07 HTC that has a similar issue. 3.9 engine and when it gets punched it wants to head for the ditch. It is in the shop for the roof rattle at the A pillar already. Just got it last Sat for my wife. I have a GP loaner and it shows no TS at all compared to my car. So the question is is this normal for this car or something I should be concerned about?
I just got an 08 HTC 3.9 and mine does the same thing... I punch it and it kicks down and next thing i know it's pulling to the right LOL ... the first time it happend ... I was like holy sh!

It must just be the way it is... ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 04:54 AM

My Wife's 08 wants to track to the right,so the steering wheel is constantly over to the left to compensate. It doesn't happen with my G5 on the same roads. With the "Uni Body" consruction of todays cars it's a problem with "flex". You can Tie in the strut towers with a brace & also tie the so called frame together with a X brace under the car.My 85 Vette handles like crap with the roof panel out because that ties the the Uni Body together.

07/G5,85&78 VETTE'S,,,,WIFE 08/G6
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 10:41 AM

I have an 06 GTP with the 3.9 when i floor it it will pull to the left or the right... that.. i dont think there is anything u can do to it other than the fact maybe u do not have your wheels strait at the moment when u floor it... when i get the car i went out and just burned the tires off and got used to driving it ... once u are use to the horse power and when u give it all the gas just remember u hold on to the steering wheel tight.. im just glad pontiac put a little power in a car i enjoy the excitement of having to keep it on the road but now that i am use to it i expect it ..
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 11:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to jpetrone
well I'm glad to hear ... that the majority of people, if not all, have this issue.... also glad that it's not just my car!

thx for replying
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONY TAT2 View Post
My Wife's 08 wants to track to the right,so the steering wheel is constantly over to the left to compensate. It doesn't happen with my G5 on the same roads. With the "Uni Body" consruction of todays cars it's a problem with "flex". You can Tie in the strut towers with a brace & also tie the so called frame together with a X brace under the car.My 85 Vette handles like crap with the roof panel out because that ties the the Uni Body together.
Your Vettes do not have a unibody...it has a full frame under a bolt on body. The top panel stiffends the actual frame which flexes when the panel is out, just like a convertible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in