Another New Steering Problem - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 06:33 AM Thread Starter

Another New Steering Problem

My 2005 G6 GT has has had a steering clunk that occurs when the wheel is quickly turned back after making a turn since it was new (car has 8K on it now). Occasionally I can feel the clunk under hard acceleration and can always feel it if I turn the steering wheel back and forth quickly. I had the dealer look at it last week during an oil change visit. The tech agreed there was an issue and the service writter said there is a factory notice on it. To make a long story short, the car will be going in for a new steering rack next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 12:14 PM

Me Too

Just had my V6 in for the same thing. Had to wait 3 weeks for the part. Didn't realize how the steering had degraded over the past 1 1/2 year until the new rack was put in.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 12:44 PM

I have recently herd a clunk when i turn right and now it starting when a trun left!
I know SIMPLYRED had an issue simlar to this and it was a tie rod. Looks like i will be going in soon for a small list of things. And this is now on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 03:46 PM

I had my tie rod end replaced and it started clunking again so its back to the shop, it was supposed to be in there today but had some issues and needed the car! (dealership sucks on rentals) so Im going to make another appointment tomarrow and see what happens!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in