Speaker Replacement!!! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Speaker Replacement!!!

My drivers side door speaker blew out a few weeks ago... i was pretty annoyed when i took it into the dealership. I told them the problem, and i left my g6 there from 8am-5pm. When i arrived to pick it they said they could not duplicate the problem so they could not fix it. When i drove off, with my stereo on, the problem was gone! TWO DAYS LATER IT WAS BACK!?!? I have no idea what's going on.... I'll have to take it back AGAIN later this week... and this time i'll tell them I WANT IT FIXED!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 07:34 PM

Wow that's pretty crappy, probably they were just lazy so they didn't wanna take the door panel off. Hope you get it fixed though.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1cgtp
My drivers side door speaker blew out a few weeks ago... i was pretty annoyed when i took it into the dealership. I told them the problem, and i left my g6 there from 8am-5pm. When i arrived to pick it they said they could not duplicate the problem so they could not fix it. When i drove off, with my stereo on, the problem was gone! TWO DAYS LATER IT WAS BACK!?!? I have no idea what's going on.... I'll have to take it back AGAIN later this week... and this time i'll tell them I WANT IT FIXED!!
I have a similar problem with the bose speakers in my trailblazer. Some days the front door speakers sound blown and other days they are fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 08:04 AM

Dont know if this helps, but I had major issues with my speakers as well. After taking the car back to the dealership 3 times, they finally found the problem. My trunk leaked and water got all over the amp.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 08:30 PM

My drivers speaker became crackly sounding and weak, and the dealer couldnt hear it the day my wife took it in so they did nothing...I told them it was intermittent and that there was a problem so they finally but reluctantly changed it. Problem solved but I shouldnt have had to tell them twice.

I believe the leads from the terminals to the voice coil in the speaker was the problem and was the reason for it being intermittent.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 11:22 AM
GTP 06

Send a message via MSN to maykevin5
well, mine went out of my passenger door. here's the thing. the wire in the coil breaks somewhere or even on the cone. On a cold morning, the wire shrinks spacing out the break in the speaker making it sound blown. after running the speaker a while the wire starts to warm up causing wire expansion. the gap is closed and no problem. next day, starts all over again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in