Wobble or shake - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Wobble or shake

Anybody out there experiencing a minor shake or wobble with their G6.

While driving at low speeds, I detect a shake or wobble. The problem is more noticable when driving at low speeds 20-40 mph, but also at highway speeds, but there are other times when it is hard to detect.

First time into dealer they replaced rear tires and pressure balance all tires. One week later they replaced right rear tire, pressure balanced rear tires and said they can't detect the problem.

I think the Dealer thinks that I am hallucinating.
wobble
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 12:51 PM

Yes I have the same problem.

I have the exact problem on mine. I will have the dealer address it when I take it in for the first oil change. It seems like the tires are slightly out of balance. It would help if GM hadn't put on these POS Uniroyal Tigerpaw tires. I am used to driving BMWs with Michelin and other quality tires. These tires that GM install on this car are trash.

1,850 miles so far since I bought the car on November 26th. Still seems like the tires are out of balance.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 09:38 AM

my tires feel terrible.. i don't know what it is.. when i take corners it feels like they are going to burst..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 12:03 PM

yeah I have the same problem they ordered me a new tire, I not to confident after reading what you guy's had writen. oh well time will tell
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 11:42 AM

The first time I had the car on the highway it had the shakes and wabbles realy bad. To the point I pulled over twice to see If I had a flat. Turns out that the tires and the rims realy seem to have a problem with ice and snow building up. I was driving in a bad snow storm and picked up a lot of junk. The second time I pulled over I noticed the problem and cleaned off the rims and the problem went right away. So it you were in snowy or muddy conditions that maybe what is causing the problem because I know that mud built up in the rims or tires can cause the same condition
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 11:45 AM

wait.. the tires can build up snow and cause poor traction conditions??? I was told its the driver ..your saying it might have something to do with the tires... you have to be kidding *please note the sarcasm*
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 11:58 AM

LOL... I found most of the problem came from the RIMS, they seem to attract sand and snow like a magnet. It could be that I was using my new car as a snowmoblie at the time going to pick up a friend that crashed here car in a quick storm that dumped about 3 inches of snow in a hour or so but I was on untreated highways at 1 in the morning. As soon as I cleared away all the junk it was fine. But if you have ever felt a tire go down at 60mph thats the way the car was handling. After that it was great in the snow
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 04:32 PM

Wobble

Yes Chris . I am feeling a very distinct vibration which has even affected the sounds of our voices in the car !
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8ER99
wait.. the tires can build up snow and cause poor traction conditions??? I was told its the driver ..your saying it might have something to do with the tires... you have to be kidding *please note the sarcasm*
I know I loved that one! There is a definant shake in the car. Its not constant but it is quite frequent.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 10:36 PM

Hmm.. I either hit something (nothing i can remember) or I have a busted belt in one of these tires. Elec steering was acting funny too... grrr

I have a wobble in the front end (passenger side it feels like). Damn the dealer is going to hate me even more. It seems like I get one problem fixed and two more pop up.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 11:20 PM

I have a woble even when the car is just idling.....I'm not really sure what thats about I use to think it was because of the cold but its been in the mid 50's recently
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 09:59 AM

There is a guy that is calling me every week or so asking me about how I like the car. At the time of the first call the car was at the dealership getting some of the problems fixed. When he called back last week, I told him about the shaking in the car. He said to have it indexed. For those of you who do not know what that means, indexing is to have the tires rotated 1/5. The dealership would make the spot on the tire where the spoke lines up with the tire. Then they would move that mark to the next spoke making it a 1/5 rotation. I have not taken my car back in to the dealership to have this done. However, when I have another chance to take my car into the dealership I will imform you guys if it works.

Last edited by JoeJoe; 03-25-2005 at 10:57 AM.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8ER99
Damn the dealer is going to hate me even more. It seems like I get one problem fixed and two more pop up.
Who cares...
you paid good money for that vehicle - run up in there and give them hell!

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 11:04 AM

I know how you feel about that. They had my car for a week. I did get a trailblazer for the rental. Atleast the rental was nice.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 12:28 PM

I can understand about the shaking i have had all four of my tires replaced and it still shakes. I just wish they would have put some better tires on the car to begin with. I have 2500 miles on my car and still they can't fix the shaking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in