G6 Boat After 1 Month Of Ownership - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 07:23 AM Thread Starter

Angry G6 Boat After 1 Month Of Ownership

Well, I found this site in my search for solutions for our 06 G6 Gt coupe we have owned for a month and 10 days.

We purchased the car new . After just rolling 2000 miles went out to get some things out of the car Mon to find it reaked of mold & mildew. My husbannd got home and found much water standing under the back seat. It has rusted seats bolts and mounts, the pan is rusted( so this has been happening for some time). The carpet is ruined along with the seats and nearly every piece of interior in the car , due to mold.

This sickens me to no end. This is the second time in a year I've been down this road with GM.

We owned an 06 HHR which we traded in due to it being it the shop so much. It had many many issues. Actually it broke down on them after we left with our new car. The altenator was putting out 18 volts, and burnt up every sensor in it. $4,000 PLUS TO FIX IT! At least this time it was there problem.

So anyways we cut our losses and had traded it for the G rather than keep on with a piece of crap HHR.

We contacted the dealership we purchased the G from which is 300 miles from here(we bought so far away because we wanted a black car with black interior & a sunroof & it was an 06 which was 0% intrest). They said contact Pontiac since the car was so new, get a rep out and they would mosy likely replace the car with a similar one. No Pontiac Rep. I was denied service by (3) area dealers for a couple different reasons, most being its so new and they don't want involved. I actaully hve one denial recorded on our machine.

So yesterday we make the 300 mile trip in a mold infested car( I'm asthmatic).
They tell us to be there at 7:00, we are and they don't get there till 9:00.

Are car is going to be there for some time, . They say they at least have to attempt to fix it. WE DON'T WANT THIS CAR BACK!!! WHO WOULD????

So any suggestions from anyone whos been down this road before?? I have contacted an attorney, but he said to at least give them this shot.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

just another added bonus I found out about a few minutes ago... I called to get the date of manafacture on our car, and just so happens the tech woking on the car answered the phone. The car has tested positive for mold all over the car, including the vent system. Now what was thought to be interior replacement is Now the plastic pieces and all have to be removed. too. EVERY PIECE OF INTERIOR.The glass is also having to be taken out of the car in the back. MY GOD HOW I LOVE PONTIAC!!!!
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 03:24 PM

So the car has a leak somewhere, and they're going to try and fix it for you, but you don't want the car back because of a bad experience with a previous GM car?

I think you need to give them a chance to fix it.

If you are so upset with GM after just one problem with this car, you shouldn't have bought another GM car after returning the other one.

2006 Black GTP Coupe M6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

READ THE ENTIRE POST TLS...

WE DO NOT WANT THE CAR BACK BECAUSE ALMOST EVERY INCH OF IT IS COVERED WITH MOLD!!!!

How do you say health risk!!!

The HHR WAS NOT TAKEN RETURNED,, It was traded in on the G6.

Yes they are attempting to fix the car, but the service manager has said its basically a lost cause, even he would not take it back. It has to have too many parts and too much mold.

And also, its not likes its a petty (1) problem. Its major!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put yourself on our sitaution, and see if you would like to take a good screwing!!!!!
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 07:31 PM
Former G6 Guy

Send a message via AIM to bigbengt67
I wish you the best of luck and hope your moldy car is headed to the crusher and not back to GM for a "cleaning" to be sold to someone else.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

i hope we fight it out and get another car.. we really loved this car...If they don't give us another car and do a repurchase we are moving on to a Lexus.

I hope and pray if Pontiac ends up with our car back, that someone does not end up with it.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 02:22 AM

From time to time, GM releases a special batch of near new 'corporate' cars to the dealers at phenomenal prices. The dealers are very secret about its history and I often wondered where these cars come from. My friend almost bought one at $10,000 off MSRP for a 2006 with low miles until I advised against it because the dealership won't confirm that there were no previous private owners other than GM Corporate. If the history is not disclosed, there is no telling whether the cars were demos, company vehicles, lease returns, bought back from consumers, or whatever the case may be.

Last edited by mrslcom; 01-26-2007 at 01:52 AM.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 07:16 AM Thread Starter

sounds kinda weird... at this point I would not put anyhting past the dealership we are working with. Our car however, only had 26 miles on it. But it is a possinility it was on the lot when Katrina came thru.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 12:57 PM
#1 instigator

Send a message via AIM to spyhunter Send a message via Yahoo to spyhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by boospinkleer
sounds kinda weird... at this point I would not put anyhting past the dealership we are working with. Our car however, only had 26 miles on it. But it is a possinility it was on the lot when Katrina came thru.
Seems like you just very nearly nailed it on the head there chap.

TREVTEC MOTORSPORTS - LV,NV
[email protected] - 2.3>3.4

shhhh it's going to blow everything out of the water.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Designed For Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by boospinkleer
I agree. With a serious mold problem like yours, that seems very likely.

Crimson Red G6 GTP Coupe / 6 MT

"Power And Performance Beyond OEM Restrictions"
'Sold**8/14/2008, but not forgotten'
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

well, 14 days as of tommorrow & still in the shop.. Half way to the Lemon Law # of days..... Still waiting on numerous things. Gotta love how they can sell you a car but can't manage to get any damn parts for it.... I guess the bright side is , its still got mold
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

If anyone has any suggestions on how to contact my area rep it would be GREATLY GREATLY appreciated. I started the complaint process with Pontiac , but it has been about 8 -9 days since I heard from them last. I have asked to be put in touch with or a contact # for the rep, but they said I'm not entitled to that.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 03:29 AM
#1 instigator

Send a message via AIM to spyhunter Send a message via Yahoo to spyhunter
Attorney

TREVTEC MOTORSPORTS - LV,NV
[email protected] - 2.3>3.4

shhhh it's going to blow everything out of the water.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 01:31 PM

Boos,

About a week after I got my first G6 GTP sedan I noticed a considerable amount of water in the spare tire compartment. GM had installed the rear window incorrectly which lead to a leak. Lucky for me some girl crashed into me a wrote it off a month later. Who knows, maybe that could have been the same situation that you are having.

Trying to "talk" with dealerships often gets you nowhere. I'd suggest having a lawyer write a letter stating the problem and the proposed solution with a deadline.

Good luck. And don't take the car back! Warranty should mean something these days.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Rw,

Thanks , sounds very similar... This has been nothing but a nightmare, and it seems as if it will never end. We are going down this weekend to check on the car and get some paperwork(service records) and then we are pursuing with litigation. Warranty seems to not mean jack these days. Whe you buy a car, its like let me screw you over, and then don't ever come back unless its to buy another car and take another screwing.

Theres always some process with this thats never gets started or ends. We are unfortunately stuck somewhere in the middle.I am getting to the end of my rope...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Problems and Solutions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in